Poster for Clarkson's new book

2»

Comments

• lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    The best example of this was when Will Young came on. You could see the bigotry and prejudice in Clarkson's eyes, and the defensive apprehension in Will Young's. Yet they both realised they had to get through the damn thing....quite entertaining actually...!!

I was obviously watching a different show from you - they got on like a house on fire from the first moment!

Clarkson, in real life, is a total tw*t. He used to be funny especially back in the days when he used to write for Fast Lane. I don't believe many people take him seriously any more.

Awwww, no he's not! I've been lucky enough to meet him on several occasions, and he's lovely. In fact, all three of them are, they're big kids who get to play with toys for a living and mess about. And they really do get on. My only objection to any of them is the constant smoking.

I have to say, though, I haven't enjoyed the most recent season of Top Gear as much as I did previous ones. :(

And yeah, I thought he and Will Young got on really well.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,187
    Add a pinch of salt and there's no problem (so speaks a petrol head).

It has been going down hill a bit lately but some of the stuff they have done has been genuinely entertaining. That test of the old British Leyland junkheaps had me in bl00dy stitches :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Personally I find Clarkson et al entertaining - can't believe anyone takes them seriously - I do agree with him about Canadians - country full of midges on steroids and random folk singers