Oh the shame!

plonk
plonk Posts: 37
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
At the weekend i was cycling down to the beach, towing my 2 sons (3 and 5) in their trailer on the back of the bike. I was patiently waiting at the junction when i felt something go into the back of me. Sure enough, a couple of little chavs in their big souped up idiot wagon had driven into the trailer containg my 2 kids, clearly because they were distracted by the attractive young woman in a bikini who was walking past at the time.

He only gave us a little tap, but i was so incensed that i shouted "You F******* C***!" at him at the top of my voice, in front of my 2 kids. I feel awful that that was the best i could come up with, but there really are some idiots out there. I'm still trying to decide what the best course of action would have been.

I'm hoping posting this here will expunge some of the shame.... :oops:

Comments

• kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    What have you got to be ashamed about?

I thought you were remarkably restrained under the circumstances. If anyone ever hurt my child, they wouldn't be walking away unassisted.
  • Lancslad
    Lancslad Posts: 307
    kelsen wrote:

I thought you were remarkably restrained under the circumstances. If anyone ever hurt my child, they wouldn't be walking away unassisted.

+1

I hope you pointed out to your kids that they must never use those words :wink:
    Novice runner & novice cyclist
    Specialized Tricross
    Orbea (Enol I think)
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,628
    They won't remember the words themselves just that dad was angry.

Incident was so out of order the twunts in the car are lucky they got just words. Hopefully they might pay more attention next time.

ps - hope the little guys were fine.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Lancslad wrote:
    kelsen wrote:

+1

I hope you pointed out to your kids that they must never use those words :wink:

And if they do, not to tell their Mum where they heard them first. :lol:

plonk wrote:
    attractive young woman in a bikini who was walking past at the time

Gah! This thread is nothing without pictures!
  • I think I would have done more than swear at them, I would hve pulled him through the open window and slapped him about. Wrong I know but I am very protective of my kids.

£1.25 for sign up http://www.quidco.com/user/491172/42301

Cashback on wiggle,CRC,evans follow the link
    http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/MTBkarl
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    ask the girl in bikini to be witness and ask the police to prosecute for driving without due care and attention...
  • ask the girl in bikini to be witness and ask the police to prosecute for driving without due care and attention...

"Of course, I'll need your phone number.".

Kids, definitely don't tell your Mum about that!
  • plonk
    plonk Posts: 37
    I think I would have done more than swear at them, I would hve pulled him through the open window and slapped him about. Wrong I know but I am very protective of my kids.

I'm also very protective of my kids, it would have been a very different story if they had been hurt or upset about it.

Having said that, I think i would have been more ashamed if my children had seen me slapping someone about.
    They won't remember the words themselves just that dad was angry.

Incident was so out of order the twunts in the car are lucky they got just words. Hopefully they might pay more attention next time.

Yep, i'm hoping they realise that it could have been worse. And that revving their engine at me afterwards made them look like utter twats.