Broken computer sensor case

rolf_f
rolf_f Posts: 16,015
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
Any suggestions for a fix? I have a cheap but remarkably good Lidl wireless computer on my MTB. All was fine until I tried to remove the battery from the sensor - somehow, the catch in the sensor failed (crap plastic no doubt) and the cap now won't screw back in.

So, as per first sentence - any ideas? One thought I had was to lightly smear the cap thread with vaseline and then cover it in araldite so that hopefully, the araldite will stick to the case and not the lid. Or just superglue it - should be possible to break the joint when I need to remove the battery but I think the joint might fail on its own anyway and send the cap plus battery into the unknown. Currently it is held in place with a Post Office pink rubber band but that really isn't a good look!

Of course, I will hassle Lidl but they may not be able to supply a compatible new sensor anyway. Certainly don't want to lose a decent computer for something as hopefully trivial as this.
Faster than a tent.......

Comments

• Roastie
    Roastie Posts: 1,968
    A little silicone on the joint to hold it together. Easy to break and clean the joint when you need to open it again?