Pinarello seat post bolt

beetle1
beetle1 Posts: 189
edited May 2010 in Workshop
Hi folks, wondered if anyone can help me? I went to torque my seat post bolt yesterday only to find that it has threaded, dont know if its the bolt or the 'barrel' type cylinder bolt which it goes into so could do with knowing where i can get one. The clamp i from a Pinarello, thanks

Comments

• stokey1964
    stokey1964 Posts: 454
    best bet is to email Yellow Ltd in Stone ,staffs

Pinarello can do some strange sizes of seatpost.

Simon
  • snakeeater
    snakeeater Posts: 113
    Hi, my clamp bolt sheared off and left the end of the bolt stuck in the barrel part. I had to drill it out and re-tap the thread in the barrel, replacing the original 5mm bolt (uses a 4mm hex). I will also need to replace the pinarello clamp so i will be keeping an eye on this thread for more details. Surely, you can get a equivalent clamp from a normal shop rather than from a distributor like yello?
  • beetle1
    Hi folks and thanks for the replies. The clamp is full carbon from my Dogma, nothing wrong with that just the bolt through it, size M5 i have been told but rather than replace just the bolt i want the barrel nut as well.
  • stokey1964
    stokey1964 Posts: 454
    Beetle

let me know the year of the Dogma etc and i'll see what I can do

I have a few contacts in the right area and could see if I can get you one

snakeeater

I know the seatposts are unusual sizes, well the one on my Marvel is, but the seat tube diameter are pretty much standard so you should be able to use any that fit.

what bike have you got and I will see what I can do do

Yellow arent a distributor, they are the importer

Simon
  • beetle1
    Cheers stokey1964, i have pm'd you.