afx237vi Posts: 12,630
edited May 2010 in Pro race

Comments

• rapid_uphill
    rapid_uphill Posts: 841
    mmmmm podium girls :P
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    It was like watching beauty and the beast.
    Evans looked like a chimanzee on a space-hopper.
    That said, whilst it was far from pretty - you gotta hand it to Cuddles, he is tenacious.
    Basso looked silky smooth, even though he was suffering big time - be interesting to see if he can carry that kind of performance through to the mountain TT.
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    fantastic photos 8)
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,866
    it was a great day on the mountain

good seeing the WCJ at the front end of affairs

cadel tried to bluff it.. getting easier to read thou

been a blast this giro...
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • simon johnson
    simon johnson Posts: 1,064
    It was like watching beauty and the beast.
    Evans looked like a chimanzee on a space-hopper.

:D:D

I bet the boys relaxing (comparitively) in California are feeling a combination of smugness and guilt. I certainly felt guilty watching that stage.
    Where\'s me jumper?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Love the shot of Basso with the army guy cheering him!

280-PIC112585768.jpg

This Giro is freakin' awesome.

Best GT I've watched so far...
  • alanmcn1
    alanmcn1 Posts: 531
    Yesterday was a truly womderful stage.....but..............................would love to see Contador and Schleck in there too......................
    Robert Millar for knighthood
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    I love the way all the crowd controller people were dressed in Liquigas colours.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • Sheptastic
    Sheptastic Posts: 298
    i dislike the fact that they're not on the big ring. however i accept that for the 22% bits the 39T may be necessary.
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    I love the way all the crowd controller people were dressed in Liquigas colours.

Does anyone know how many of those crowd control guys were involved? there looks to be loads of them!
  • csp
    csp Posts: 777
    Sheptastic wrote:
    i dislike the fact that they're not on the big ring. however i accept that for the 22% bits the 39T may be necessary.

I think that's a compact with a 34T inner ring.
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    csp wrote:
    Sheptastic wrote:

I think that's a compact with a 34T inner ring.

Most of the riders had compacts fitted, albeit with uncommon ring combinations of 34/52.

Watching the last 90kms on RAI I would say the Liquigas team owned that stage — great work by their domestiques, controlling the breakaways and setting the pace on the approach to and start of the climb.
  • pedro118118
    It was a super stage - I just couldn't believe how long the last 10 mins seemed to take - the kms were ticking off so slowly. It wasn't a day for poker faces - all the big guns were properly in the pain cave!

I gather Evans described the climb as akin to a 7km long Flandrian berg - ouch!!
  • Brilliant, it all felt old skool. It must be weird to be so close to a pro in that much discomfort so used to seeing them zip by.
  • Fantastic photo's. The pain and effort in that picture of Cadels speaks volumes.

I just wish sky + hadn't stopped recording with 5 kms to go :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

This Giro is just superb. And its still not finished yet. The TDF has a lot to live up to this year.
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    He's putting that on for the camera I reckon!!
    330-Tappa%2015-11.jpg
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • Roscobob
    Roscobob Posts: 344
    It was a super stage - I just couldn't believe how long the last 10 mins seemed to take - the kms were ticking off so slowly. It wasn't a day for poker faces - all the big guns were properly in the pain cave!

I gather Evans described the climb as akin to a 7km long Flandrian berg - ouch!!

It took 10 mins :lol:

Sorry couldn't resist.
  • pedro118118
    Roscobob wrote:

It took 10 mins :lol:

Sorry couldn't resist.

:oops:
    Have to laugh..............I mean "last 10 km". Which incidentally, in terms of distance, takes around 10km!!!
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Most of the riders had compacts fitted, albeit with uncommon ring combinations of 34/52.

Wimps! :lol:

Great stage, right up there with the strada bianca stage. What a race, I'm just wondering when Wiggo is going to make his move.... :wink:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Tim de Waele is freakin' ace! Quality pic from the TT...

EvansKronplatz.jpg
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    NapoleonD wrote:
    280-PIC112585768.jpg

I want one of those pink hats!
  • pedro118118

Wimps! :lol:

Great stage, right up there with the strada bianca stage. What a race, I'm just wondering when Wiggo is going to make his move.... :wink:

Seems as though Wiggo has been true to his word and "shut down". Albeit a week earlier than planned! No point turning yourself inside out, when you're so far off the pace, I suppose - I would imagine he has an eye on the Verona TT and wants to be fresh for that. That's when he'll be making his move!