helmet style

mickus
mickus Posts: 199
edited May 2010 in MTB general
I really like the look of this 661 ReCon helmet. It doesn't seem to be available anywhere until September and I need a new helmet for the summer.

Is there a name for this style(it seems to cover the back of the head more) or can people suggest some similar looking helmets?

Cheers.

Comments

• peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Get the one that fits best.

They tend to be called AM lids.
    Fox Flux is another example of this kind of helmet
  • mickus
    I'll be getting the one that fits best, but If I can get one that fits well AND looks good... bonus :D

thanks for the heads up on the fox flux (seriously no pun intended)
  • mickus
    Ok, I have looked at the Fox Flux and found the Giro Hex. I like the look of them all. This definitely seems to be the style of helmet I would like to buy next.

Are there any other brands I should consider? I'd like to have a range in mind for when I decide to go to my LBS and be a nuisance :D

point to note that until now I have had a '99 giro exodus... So probably anything will be an improvement!
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    Bare in mind that the ones that do cover the back of your head will be hotter. I like light and airy, so I got a specialized s works 2d. Was supposed to be the lightest helmet in the world at the time (a few months ago). I love it.
  • hard-rider
    hard-rider Posts: 460
    Specialized Vice and Tactic are two helmets in that style. The Giro Zen is another but very expensive.
  • mickus
    I bought a Giro Hex today.

thanks for your help all :)