How do you think LA will do now in July

2»

Comments

• iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Has he actually won a race since his comeback?

No.

Last race win was in 2005.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ThanksBye
    ThanksBye Posts: 519
    Cotic Soul
    Pearson Hanzo
    Airborne Zeppelin
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Ok, he's not won a UCI sanction road race.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,475
    No ones mentioned the Nevada City Classic? :shock:
  • The what?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Has he actually won a race since his comeback?.

Does a TTT count?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Yeah he should stick to riding on the dirt roads. The other race win last year was against some domestic US teams - so him and his team were bound to win.

For info, this year he has raced 20 days and 2500km. Pitiful.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    andyp wrote:
    No ones mentioned the Nevada City Classic? :shock:

So, a resounding 'no' then.
    No wins (apart from an MTB race and a domestic crit).
    20 days racing this year, with no stand-out performances.
    And we're still debating whether he's a genuine contender for the TdF?!
    Says it all really.
    That all said, it may turn out to be the greatest bluff of all time and he may come out of hiding and amaze us all in July?!
    I don't know what to think - surely common sense dictates that he's well 'past it'?
  • Av it
    Av it Posts: 105
    itll signify the start of a new PED arms ace if he does well.
    I hope he flys EPO and transfusions are so last year
  • thomasmc
    thomasmc Posts: 814
    dennisn wrote:
    Well, I've got 20 dollars(with montydog) riding on ANY Shack rider being on the GC podium at the end. I figure Lance will be there to at least help try and get someone up there, if not himself.

I would fear for your 20 dollars Dennis after their performance at the Tour of California
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Top 10 if he starts, but he'll have to make the most of every opportunity he gets and tentative riding by others (like Wiggo last year at key moments) to do so. Of course I might be wrong and frequently am otherwise I'd be doing PTP!

Being frequently wrong is no barrier to playing PTP... in fact, it's almost a pre-requisite :o
  • grantus
    grantus Posts: 690
    Frenchfighter = more faces than the town clock :lol:
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    thomasmc wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    Well, I've got 20 dollars(with montydog) riding on ANY Shack rider being on the GC podium at the end. I figure Lance will be there to at least help try and get someone up there, if not himself.

I would fear for your 20 dollars Dennis after their performance at the Tour of California

Well, yes, but Lance gets 10% if he helps me take montydog to the cleaners. So I expect
    a good fight.
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    grantus wrote:
    Frenchfighter = more faces than the town clock :lol:

You a fan of Chaucer :wink:
    "A man may seye full sooth in game and pley"
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Dont think he will ride and i hope that is the case as when he does ride the anti Lance brigade seem to froth at the mouth and reduce threads to arguing about the merits or otherwise of wearing black socks etc ...............all rather infantile .

So this is where you are hiding Mr Gub! Thought you were on holiday... I take it that you don't buy any of Landis' accusations then. Best to take your finger out the dyke when your up to your neck in water IMO.

Anyway, I hope he does ride the tour, and I'd love him to continue riding for a couple more years. I want him to be out and about on his bike (not holed up in some ranch) when his whole filthy world of shite comes tumbling down all around him. :D

Fat chance unfortunately. :cry:

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    I hope he does ride the tour, and I'd love him to continue riding for a couple more years. I want him to be out and about on his bike (not holed up in some ranch) when his whole filthy world of shite comes tumbling down all around him.
    A bit harsh methinks. After all, for all his faults, he was simply playing by the 'rules' handed down to him by others, even if he did have a 'will to power' that saw him play those rules to the limit.

That said, some riders have had the moral strength to race clean. Generally speaking, they were most likely to be found suffering in the autobus whilst the dopers took all the 'glory' and money, so perhaps the likes of Armstrong don't deserve too much sympathy. Also, as Walsh commented on that NPR interview, whilst some riders are dragged into doping simply in order to survive, others such as Armstrong ('Mr 60%" Riis would be another candidate), by virtue of the degree they are willing to push the doping envelope, effectively drag others into the same arena.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... d=11208251
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    dennisn wrote:
    thomasmc wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

Well, yes, but Lance gets 10% if he helps me take montydog to the cleaners. So I expect
    a good fight.

I need to go an check my bank balance in case I'm been 'taken to the cleaners'. :shock: Perhaps I need to make sure that the charitable cause is not Lance's fighting fund? :wink:
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Monty Dog wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    thomasmc wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

a good fight.

I need to go an check my bank balance in case I'm been 'taken to the cleaners'. :shock: Perhaps I need to make sure that the charitable cause is not Lance's fighting fund? :wink:

I reckon you need to insure yourself against losing the bet.

I hear SCA Promotions might be quote good at that sort of thing.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:
    Dont think he will ride and i hope that is the case as when he does ride the anti Lance brigade seem to froth at the mouth and reduce threads to arguing about the merits or otherwise of wearing black socks etc ...............all rather infantile .

So this is where you are hiding Mr Gub! Thought you were on holiday... I take it that you don't buy any of Landis' accusations then. Best to take your finger out the dyke when your up to your neck in water IMO.

Anyway, I hope he does ride the tour, and I'd love him to continue riding for a couple more years. I want him to be out and about on his bike (not holed up in some ranch) when his whole filthy world of shite comes tumbling down all around him. :D

Who has been hiding Rats ? certainly not me i have posted on the Landis thread , i laugh at the hypocrisy that surrounds the whole thing. FL is now being regarded as some paragon of virtue in here when a few weeks ago he was a pariah. What he says may be true maybe not i suspect it will end up like the Astana medical watse story from last year.........ie all piss and wind.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • ratsbeyfus
    Moray Gub wrote:
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    Moray Gub wrote:

Who has been hiding Rats ? certainly not me i have posted on the Landis thread , i laugh at the hypocrisy that surrounds the whole thing. FL is now being regarded as some paragon of virtue in here when a few weeks ago he was a pariah. What he says may be true maybe not i suspect it will end up like the Astana medical watse story from last year.........ie all wee-wee and wind.

Suspect or hope?

To prepare yourself for those 'coming conflicts', have you read 'From Lance to Landis' - It's a cracking good read, and I highly recommend it.

@ratsbey
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    I hope he does ride the tour, and I'd love him to continue riding for a couple more years. I want him to be out and about on his bike (not holed up in some ranch) when his whole filthy world of shite comes tumbling down all around him.
    A bit harsh methinks.

:shock:

Like I said on the other thread - LA owes me big time! I've bought both his books and, call me 'gub'ible (< see what I did there? :wink: ) but I bought the whole 'Oh year cancer reshaped me into the most awesome cycling speciman the world has ever seen' guff! Fair enough, I got both books at a jumble sale, but I'm still out of pocket! :evil:

rant, rant, foam, foam...

@ratsbey
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    ratsbeyfus wrote:
    A bit harsh methinks. After all, for all his faults, he was simply playing by the 'rules' handed down to him by others, even if he did have a 'will to power' that saw him play those rules to the limit.

Blimey, BB, are you OK? Unless you've been smoking pot or something, you should get to a doctor. You're clearly not feeling yourself. Surely you want the great white whale to be speared horribly and not to be beached on a deserted coastline.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    I'm beginning to have my doubts that he'll ride.
    Some mutterings coming out of the camp about maybe not being fit to ride in Luxembourg.
    The elbow appears to be an issue.

He may be considering the fact that he has an "opt out" injury, which may deflect a small portion of the speculation that would inevitably follow a withdrawal.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.