Anyone had a Trek 5000 Stolen?

joestella28
joestella28 Posts: 165
edited June 2010 in Road stolen
Hello everyone, I've been on the look out for an upgrade and stumbled across this ad on gumtree.

http://www.gumtree.com/london/55/59002455.html

Not only is it suspiciously cheap the guy on the other end of the phone sounded like a real oik. It may just be me and am sorry if I'm wrong but that could be someones pride and joy.

All the best,

Joe

Comments

• itchieritchie
    itchieritchie Posts: 332
    Def nothing to do with me and so no reason for me to leave a comment.

Just wanted to say I fully applaud your style.

If everyone thought like you there would be a massive reduction in bike theft. Please keep doing this, even if you don't get a response.

How I'd love to have seen a post like this on each occasion my bikes were nicked.

Bike thieves are the scuzziest pieces of sh*te that ever crawled the earth, I think we all know that. But they CAN be prone to the odd bit of intellect. And if they cottoned on to the fact that too many people were on the lookout for their dodgy ads, well it would make think twice wouldn't it? Or at least give the ar*ewipes a little less sleep at night.

Apologies for the rant. I'm not normally so violently-minded, but if ever I am in the dock on an assault charge it will be because I've seen some dirty fecker try to half inch my wheels.

Naturally I'd be the one that gets sentenced. Gotta love the British judicial system...
  • dgrier
    dgrier Posts: 17
    Hi there,

Had a black / silver Trek 5000 stolen in Bristol on 13th May. Triple chainset (105) with 105 shifters and ultegra brakes.

Shimano wheels.

Does this sound like the bike you were offered?

Any information gratefully received.

Cheers,

Dave.
  • dgrier
    dgrier Posts: 17
    Hi there,

Had a black / silver Trek 5000 stolen in Bristol on 13th May. Triple chainset (105) with 105 shifters and ultegra brakes.

Shimano wheels.

Does this sound like the bike you were offered?

Any information gratefully received.

Cheers,

Dave.
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    Linky no worky.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.