The Frame Shots Thread

the bike v

Psirius1010063.jpg

Psirius1010065.jpg

Psirius1010069.jpg

Psirius1010064.jpg

Psirius1010051.jpg

Psirius1010050.jpg

Frame: Pipedream Sirius 853 (medium black)
Fork: Rockshox Recon 351 U-Turn 130mm
Bars: Easton EA 70 Monkey Bars
Stem: Easton EA 50 (70mm / 20° rise)
Headset: Cane Creek S3
Grips: GUB Grips and Bar Ends

Front & Rear Brake: Avid Elixir R (160/160)

Shifters: XT M751
Cables: Jagwire Switch Kit
Front Mech: Deore 591
Rear Mech: XT 771

Saddle: WTB Shadow V Pro 09
Seat Post: Ragley Spike (27.2 x 400)
Seat Post Clamp: Azonic QR

Chainset & BB: Deore 590
Chain: SRAM 991
Cassette: SRAM 970
Pedals: MG1

Front & Rear Wheels: Xero Session FR
Skewers: A2Z
Tubes: Specialized
Tyres: Michelin XC Dry²

Comments

• thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    Very nice, I love clean steel frames, much nicer looking than funny shaped curvy alloy.
    The gold outers look a bit out of place, you them to match the brake hoses.
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    yeh, story behind that. the original build was for a silvery titanium colour frame so all the bits were bought for that but that didn't pan out, i can live with a bit of gold for a while.
  • Thats a tall seatpost :shock:
  • blister pus
    it was too hot for not sitting on me arse today. 8) deliberately didn't get the large frame so it is compact, believe it or not i can get my arse well over the back of the saddle as it is there and not have nads bashing on a rocky descent. i'll get one of those uppy downy posts in a bit.
  • woodnut
    woodnut Posts: 562
    gorgeous, that really does look great....watcing your posts carefully :wink: , want to do my own build (slowly as money allows) and that frame is top of my shortlist at the moment.
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    That looks stunning.
  • blister pus
    thanks both, i've updated a few pix. it's turning out to be a very sweet ride indeed. I can't even tell what the frame characteristic is tbh, it climbs, it descends, soaks everything up, sh!t hot tracking on swoopy stuff, etc. it's butter smooth all round tbh. still needs more testing. 8)
  • SSteely:Tom
    SSteely:Tom Posts: 26
    Aha, very nice Greg, mighty aesthetically pleasing for sure 8)

Some very intelligent kit choices too, especially the U-turn forks and 180mm rotors for extra anchorage :wink: No wonder its sh1t hot on the swoopy stuff - those Michy XC Dry tyres have the lowest rolling resistance of an XC-labelled tyre this side of slicks :P

Two things though, if you don't mind me saying; is there a reason you didn't reduce the length of that steerer tube and...well, you must be a pretty brutal ride to warrant the Xero Session FR wheelset :wink:

A special from Woolly-Hat-Shop perhaps :P
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all outta gum!
  • blister pus
    cheers tom. those rotor shots are deceptive they're 160 both ends, i don't particularly like 180 rotors, 160 mechanicals were quite capable of stopping me dead and sending me over the bars (and did twice). those elixir r brakes are very nice i must say. those tyres are seat of the pants stuff too, i love 'em. :lol:

steerer hasn't been cut and won't be cut till i'm 100% happy with the set up, i'm on a 30 degree rise stem, frinstance, same goes for cable lengths and fine detail etc. I was near 15 and a half stone when i bought the xero's, until i can find a wheel set that makes a reasonable dent in their weight i'll use 'em a while longer, maybe old tech but amazing value for money and taken everything i've crashed into them. :lol:

and, yes. a whs special. which i noticed are now no longer available anywhere as far as i see.

how far off are you now?
  • SSteely:Tom
    SSteely:Tom Posts: 26
    Worthy justifications and I thoroughly agree how powerful certain mechnicals are :lol:

And yeah, it's better to be on the safe side, I agree, just until you know what's what and your comfortable with the cockpit positioning :)

In terms of mine, I'm getting hold of the last few parts ( including the midly important brakeset and saddle :P ) next week. 'Silvia', as she's affectionately known now, will be completed by this time next week.

I then plan to put up my own 'Your MTB' post entitled 'Third Time Lucky/Three's a Crowd', since both you and Louis have got yours up now :wink:

All thats remains to say now is...more testing please (just so I don't have any nasty suprises, eh?) :lol:

SSteely:Tom
    It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all outta gum!
  • blister pus
    Well. Having been forced to test it again today. I've deduced the following; for my riding position It's happier between 115 - 130 and it couldn't care less where you dial it in. and i see no reason why you couldn't put a 140 fork on and run it if i altered the front a bit. it'll climb everything at 115 (and we're talking silly steep stuff). it'll happily climb moderate steep stuff at 130. It really is "point and go" stuff. The back end is actually invisible for the most part and that's in part due to the large double bend 'A' stay design i would have thought.

more later when i get me thoughts together.
  • hondaboy4
    hondaboy4 Posts: 13
    sweet. Where did you take the picture of your bike(the 1 next to the dry stone wall) as it looks like a similar image to mine
    Comment Loading ::
  • blister pus
    think i was in hayfield that weekend, i've deleted the pix i had off the card now.
  • blister pus
    time for a change, updated pix at the top and a couple of bits +/-
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    why are your grips on back to front?
  • blister pus
    I'm far better off climbing a big fat hill sat in an upright position getting big lung fulls of air - so bars are turned inward to enable me to do this. when I've had enough of being upright I can slump back down and forward in usual position. it's everyone else who is a queer and has it all arse about face.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    hmm, i dont know how i could hold onto those bar ends unless my chin was on the headset
  • blister pus
    I get really restless on long rides now so I'm constantly looking for different positions, if i could ride none handed and get away with it I would. you gotta bear in mind the frame is just the right side of small / compact so no matter how that bike photographs it's deceptive. and I'm long armed / legged.