Etape du Tour private feed stations

chris2109
chris2109 Posts: 70
Hello

Does anyone know of any organisations that provide a private feed station service for the Etape -- I seem to recall that last year there were some private feed stations available that had been advertised previously in one of the cycling magazines but after an hour on google I can't find any information.

Thanks

Chris

Comments

• chris2109
    thanks -- it looks like they are sold out if you are referring to their gold and platinum support packages -- any other sites?
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    gpm 10, if you can stand their bs

andy cook might have some places left with ronan pensec, that'll be a cushy number for sure.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Snoppy
    Snoppy Posts: 37
    No diss but do some not think they are taking away something from the challege of the etape by having private feed stops? Is it not good practise to look after yourself and take you chances at the normal feed stops.

What next getting pushed up the hill? Sorry but if I took any help from the etape apart from my own I would feel it less of an accomplishment.
  • WTF do you need an extra feed for? Are you riding the etape or doing an eat-athon?

Eating is no substitute for having trained and prepared properly beforehand.
  • chris2109
    thanks -- I will email GPM10 - I couldn't see anything on Ronan Pensec. If anyone else is aware of any others then keep them coming

Thanks

Chris
  • caw35slr
    caw35slr Posts: 439
    Give that they ran out of water last year at Chalet Bernard, signing up with a 3rd party might be a sensible precaution. Unless doing the Tourmalet without fluid is your idea of a challenge, naturally.
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    edited May 2010
    Chalet Reynard actually - you must have been dehydrated and thought you were in the Aples skiing :-)

On one level I agree with Rod and Chris - if you're a big fat puffy hairly legged pussy then what the feck are you doing there. However, are we that elitist that we can't cater for all needs in our oh-so-inclusive sport? What if the OP was a wheelchair athlete? You'd feel like a real c%nt for mouthing off.

For Ronan Pensec, go thru "AndyCookCycling" he is one of the gems of the industry. I've used most in the UK and 2 french operators and he's the best.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • caw35slr
    caw35slr Posts: 439
    ROFL, can't believe i wrote Bernard. Bernie's Cafe, maybe. Mondays...
  • Isn't there a village at the base of the tourmalet?

The local shops and cafes will be open.
  • chris2109
    thanks for your help Frans -- I will try Andy Cook

Regards

Chris
  • Hugh A
    Hugh A Posts: 1,189
    Seems amazing they ran out of water at Chalet Reynard - do they never learn? This happened a few years back at the top of the Izoard and various other spots, it being a hot day. The following year I gather things were a lot better but memories are short and somehow the notion that Summer= Heat = thirsty cyclists does not always seem to strike the organizers and their various sponsors who usually provide the water.

The only thing to do in that case is look out for springs, streams, shops and thoughtful onlookers.
    I\'m sure I had one of those here somewhere