case for mobile, cards etc

andy83
andy83 Posts: 1,558
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
Just got myself a new phone but tend to just have it in my jersey pocket, wanted something a bit more sturdy and waterproof so sweat dont get in

not too fussed bout much else going in there

anyone any recomendations

and the phone will be in its own case just wanted something to keep it safe when in back pocket from water etc

Thanks

Comments

• AndyManc
    AndyManc Posts: 1,393
    Small top tube bag ? Good for keys too !!

Specialized Hardrock Pro/Trek FX 7.3 Hybrid/Specialized Enduro/Specialized Tri-Cross Sport
    URBAN_MANC.png
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    hmm maybe

have a saddle bag but with tools etc in there things dont stay scratch free. Spose I could always get a good case and put it in there, just sometimes they can occasionally get wet inside if the weather is heavy
  • AyrshireBacon
    AyrshireBacon Posts: 173
    I use an Exped dry bag in the smallest size. Good for money, card, phone & keys. Some scratch protection too.
    time flies like an arrow
    fruit flies like a banana
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,714
    I use one of the ziplock bags that Zipvit sent some of their free samples out in. It's kept everything dry even in foul weather.
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    I use small resealable freezer bags. Can't think of anything better to be honest, it just does the job.
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    I use small resealable freezer bags. Can't think of anything better to be honest, it just does the job.

+1 for resealable freezer bags. Light, dirt cheap, replaceable and watertight. What is not to like?
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    Gussio wrote:
    +1 for resealable freezer bags.

Asda / Tesco / Waitrose...it's the new Rapha. Honest!
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    aquapac, kept mine dry when i fell in the river 8)
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    whyamihere wrote:
    I use one of the ziplock bags that Zipvit sent some of their free samples out in. It's kept everything dry even in foul weather.
    +1.

They're perfect. When you buy vits etc just choose that bag option rather than the bottle.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Lancslad
    Lancslad Posts: 307
    Gussio wrote:

+1 for resealable freezer bags. Light, dirt cheap, replaceable and watertight. What is not to like?

I use them as well, pulled bag out of jackect pocket on a number of mornings to find the bag wet on the outside and phone dry.
    Novice runner & novice cyclist
    Specialized Tricross
    Orbea (Enol I think)
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    aquapac, kept mine dry when i fell in the river 8)

Sounds like there is a good story there....?
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    Lancslad wrote:
    Gussio wrote:

I use them as well, pulled bag out of jackect pocket on a number of mornings to find the bag wet on the outside and phone dry.

+1 more
  • roundthebend
    roundthebend Posts: 205
    I hadn't thought of that. I've got a big stash of grip seal bags (the ones with a thin plastic strip across the top which you simply press together).

If anyone wants a few I'll happily post them out for the price of a stamp and envelope. I'll need to check sizes but I think I have 2 or 3 phones sized ones.
  • fjellrunner
    fjellrunner Posts: 64
    If you don't mind paying a bit I use a sealline bag http://www.racekit.co.uk/product/seal-l ... case-small
    Works well, simple, strong.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    whyamihere wrote:

+1
  • Zulu dawn
    Zulu dawn Posts: 11
    have you seen the below made by ortlieb and in sale at wiggle,

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Ortli ... 360013223/

As ever a wide choice of idea's from all on here.....
    ..............................................................................................

You have much to learn Padawan.

Do or Don't ... there is no try.