Here is my 1992 GT timberline with my 2010 spec Merlin Malt1
[/imgPICT2221.jpg
[imgPICT2222.jpg
[/imgPICT2223.jpg
[imgPICT2224.jpg[/img]

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    AH, I was wondering if this would have the crackle paint lol.
  • mikee1979
    mikee1979 Posts: 151
    Timberline! This was my first proper bike. Mine was a '91 I think. Was grey with the speckled paint.

Loved that bike.
  • mikee1979
    Timberline! This was my first proper bike. Mine was a '91 I think. Was grey with the speckled paint.

Loved that bike.
  • Baggyman
    Baggyman Posts: 47
    Yeh, it was my first proper MTB, got it out of my garage at the weekend to see how it looked against my new bike. I went everywhere on it. The only things I have had to replace were the crank bearing, tyres and tubes since i got it and the handle bars and grips as i fancied a change from the originals. Everything else is standard. Carn't make my mind up whether to sell it or keep it and do it up!!!!!!!
  • kaytronika
    kaytronika Posts: 580
    Love the paint job!
    I had a 1994 FS version which I bought cheap because the fork had been replaced with a black chromo one.
    Would love to get hold of it again.

I've always liked the Merlin bikes too actually... I remember riding to their shop in Ormskirk on my Timberline. Bought some SPDs and shoes from them.
    --
    '09 Carrera Fury
    '94 GT Timberline FS
    '89 Saracen Tufftrax
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    OK... now I have to take a proper picture of mine (which may be '91 as grey speckled paint sounds about right). My Timberline is as original apart from an odd suspension stem and M324s... and more rust. The stem was a replacement after an embarassing bike-on-car-roof-vs-garage-door incident, and was the only one I could find to fit at the time.
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    Hmm... now I look at it, there are more mods... brake bossters, bar ends... anyway, it's somewhere in all this lot :D

DSCN1473.jpg
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • mikee1979
    Thats the one!

The grey job on the right. I always love the Exage rear brakes as it looked meatier than all my mates back brakes. I'm pretty sure it was 91 but could be wrong.
  • jaxxy
    jaxxy Posts: 8
    I have the same 92 which I'd like to replace the bottom bracket on. I'm struggling to remove the thing any advice?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Yes, thread resurrections after 30months are daft and why not use the workshop section like everyone else?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.