stage dvd's...

blackhawkbikes.com
blackhawkbikes.com Posts: 49
edited May 2010 in Pro race
ive missed quite alot of the giro

wondering if anyone has stages saved on there tv boxes ( genral name lol ) and could burn them onto dvd?

let me no if you have anything and can sort a price out :wink:

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Try www.cyclingtorrents.nl

People upload stages on to there, plus loads of races and stages from over the years too!
  • thanks, how do i watch them, i click on them and it just says i can not open them on my pc when i download them?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    You need a torrent downloader like bittorrent to down load them.

There's a how to on the site.
  • ah right thanks,does this mean i will be able to eventually burn them onto dvd?

and does it charge my broadband?
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    utorrent is good.

What'll it do to your broadband? Depends on your connection.. just changes the settings appropriately. There's a guide to take you through it all. Don't see why you shouldn't be able to burn them.
  • thanks
  • turkeytickler
    turkeytickler Posts: 640
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Try www.cyclingtorrents.nl

People upload stages on to there, plus loads of races and stages from over the years too!
    flippin eck! never knew that existed - what a find!! thank you :)
  • jus tried to download a torrent of a stage, said it would take over a week! bloody hell
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    You'll be quicker fitting the fiber-optic cables to your house.
  • also it says some torrents are free, so does that mena some charge you, how does this work?
  • yep allready tried that but didnt give a clear answer
  • El Imbatido
    El Imbatido Posts: 144
    Hey mate, read this topic

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12682627&highlight=

I gave a detailed guide on what torrents are. how they work and a detailed guide with pictures included on how to download.

It should help you

Cheers
    Do you have any Therapeutic Use Exemptions?
    No. Never have.
    Never? What about the cortisone?
    Well, obviously there was the cortisone
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    How safe are the torrents on that site?

I've had my comp for a year now and have managed to keep it running as fast as it was brand new - one way was avoiding torrents!
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630

I've had my comp for a year now and have managed to keep it running as fast as it was brand new - one way was avoiding torrents!

uTorrent allows you to look at what's in the torrent before you download it.
  • pomtarr
    pomtarr Posts: 318

I know what you mean, I was new to torrents until very recently and I felt the same to begin with. However, I've never had any problems with any torrents from cyclingtorrents.nl.

2 hints for anyone wanting to get into using the site:
    1. Download a program called VLC Media Player as some of the video files won't play on Windows Media Player or Quicktime etc.
    2. Keep an eye on your ratio (i.e. how much you've downloaded versus how much you've uploaded, a ratio of 1.0 means you've downloaded exactly the same as you've uploaded, any less (say 0.9 or 0.5) and you've downloaded more). If this gets too low you can be banned from the site as it's a collaborative thing - you get back what you put into it so it's good etiquette to 'seed' after you've downloaded a file.

In a nutshell, it's great - see you over there!
    "Difficult, difficult, lemon difficult"