Tour of California Stage 6 *spoiler*

DaveyL
DaveyL Posts: 5,167
edited May 2010 in Pro race
Break 3:45 up the road:

Break: George Hincapie (BMC Racing Team), Jason McCartney (Team Radioshack), Jakob Fuglsang (Team Saxo Bank) Matthew Wilson (Garmin-Transitions), Andy Schleck (Team Saxo Bank), Thomas Rabou (Team Type 1)

Main peloton

Levi Leipheimer (Team Radioshack), Janez Brajkovic (Team Radioshack), Christopher Horner (Team Radioshack), Michael Rogers (Team HTC-Columbia), Tony Martin (Team HTC-Columbia), Tejay Van Garderen (Team HTC-Columbia), Jens Voigt (Team Saxo Bank), Paul Martens (Rabobank Cycling Team), Grischa Niermann (Rabobank Cycling Team), Peter Sagan (Liquigas-Doimo), David Zabriskie (Garmin-Transitions), Thomas Danielson (Garmin-Transitions), Ryder Hesjedal (Garmin-Transitions), Thomas Peterson (Garmin-Transitions), Peter Stetina (Garmin-Transitions), Steve Morabito (BMC Racing Team), Oscar Pujol Munoz (Cervelo Test Team), Rory Sutherland (Unitedhealthcare Presented by Maxxis), Marc De Maar (Unitedhealthcare Presented by Maxxis), Phil Zajicek (Fly V Australia), Lucas Euser (SpiderTech Powered by Planet Energy), Christopher Jones (Team Type 1), Valeriy Kobzarenko (Team Type 1)

Just under 50 km to go.

Some wag appears to have been at work - Eurosport just screened some commercial for a motorcycle with secret, hidden compartments :D
Le Blaireau (1)

Comments

• afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    It'll be interesting to see if Sagan stays in touch for that 16 km flat finish. Guaranteed stage winner if he does. Shame about that TT tomorrow.
  • afx237vi
    What is wrong with Andy Schleck? He's riding like a sack of spuds. I do hope he's got a note from his mum, otherwise FF will be furious.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,867
    spectacular scenery..road is a bit ugly

serious drag
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • csp
    csp Posts: 777
    afx237vi wrote:
    What is wrong with Andy Schleck? He's riding like a sack of spuds. I do hope he's got a note from his mum, otherwise FF will be furious.

Phil, I'm sure his legs are now crying out for surrender.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    afx237vi wrote:

The boy's clearly on holiday - a little cycling, a little ogling the ladies. A few beers and he's all set
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • afx237vi
    RichN95 wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

The boy's clearly on holiday - a little cycling, a little ogling the ladies. A few beers and he's all set

Outrageous! Clearly disrespecting the fine traditions of this historic race.
  • DaveyL
    The lake's nice
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • afx237vi
    Like I was saying. Guaranteed.
  • Is Carlton Kirby on the payroll on the california tourist board? He really is a terrible commentator.
  • pomtarr
    pomtarr Posts: 318
    Wot no wheelie across the line?? Poor show Sagan...
    "Difficult, difficult, lemon difficult"
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    afx237vi wrote:
    Like I was saying. Guaranteed.

You must be cursing whoever decided that the ToC wasn't PTP worthy.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    DaveyL wrote:
    The lake's nice
    that was my highlight too
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    I quite liked some of the trees as well
  • I do not like Peter Sagan.
  • DaveyL
    Sagan didn't pull a wheelie this time, but I noticed that right after crossing the finish line, he leapt off his bike and lifted it over his head, then hurled it against the barriers.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Big Bear Lake? Big Bore Lake more like. That course just did not work.
    Kathy Kirby and Magnus (to a lesser extent) obviously have an agenda! :P
    Sell this race, at all costs.

In all honesty, I much preferred the last February edition. Much more animated, with attacks and breaks sticking.
    This is turning out to be a bit of disaster. A whole raft of abandons, yesterday. Saxo, other than Jens, going through the motions. The must be thanking their lucky starts that Nibs got Giro pulled and along came Sagan.
    The GC could have been decided by a 7km prologue, never mind a 33 km ITT.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.