UCI suspends Larpe, Coló for drug positives

DaveyL
DaveyL Posts: 5,167
edited September 2010 in Pro race
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-sus ... -positives

Mickael Larpe (Roubaix Lille Metropole) has his epo positive confirmed, and Alessandro Coló (ISD-Neri) obviously thought it would be a jolly wheeze to take banned asthma medication clenbuterol. But he got busted.
Le Blaireau (1)

Comments

• deal
    deal Posts: 857
    interesting sanctions, who says the Spanish don't take doping seriously...

Monegasque Cycling Federation (FMC):

Thomas Dekker - two year ban.

Italian Cycling Federation (FCI):

Gabriele Bosisio – two year ban and 9,625 euro fine.

Spanish Cycling Federation (RFEC):

Mikel Astarloza - two year ban and 154,570 euro fine
    Hector Guerra Garcia - two year ban and 35,000 euro fine.
    Alberto Fernandez De La Puebla Ramos – two year ban and 42,000 euro fine.
    Isidro Nozal Vega – two year ban and 17,500 euro fine.

Polish Cycling Federation (PZK):

Kacper Szczepaniak - four year ban and 1,680 euro fine.
    Pawel Szczepaniak - eight year ban and 750 euro fine.
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    I said it before, the spanish changed the regulations last year and now its a criminal offence. I think in fact it might be harsher than any other country right now.
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra
  • ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    I'd say 8 years was pretty harsh
  • deal
    deal Posts: 857
    second offence for both the Szczepaniak brothers
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    gabriel959 wrote:
    I said it before, the spanish changed the regulations last year and now its a criminal offence. I think in fact it might be harsher than any other country right now.

Sure but...how many spanish riders got caught from operation puerto? I mean, really?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    donrhummy wrote:
    gabriel959 wrote:

Sure but...how many spanish riders got caught from operation puerto? I mean, really?

That's probably why they tightened up their law.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • itisaboutthebike
    itisaboutthebike Posts: 1,120
    More small fry to try and deflect the sh*t coming from Landis........................the UCI are pathetic.
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    +1 fry the small fish and let the big ones swim free :roll:
  • DaveyL
    The above being code for "They haven't caught the riders I want to see caught"...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • itisaboutthebike
    itisaboutthebike Posts: 1,120
    The above being code for "They haven't caught the riders I want to see caught"...

'cos it would bring down thier house of cards.................

There was a lot of discussion about a certain riders blood values last year (major differences between the Giro to the Tour). What have the CIU done about it - nothing......'cos they're sh*t scared - thats why.
  • RichN95.
    DaveyL wrote:

I'm with you on that one

They never catch the big names = they never catch Armstrong

So many big names have been busted that that particular line makes no sense.
  • micron
    DaveyL wrote:

Like all the occasions that Landis has admitted to doping when he tested negative? Or the Valv/Piti DNA/blood bag match up? Or the endless other whistleblower accusations that have not been followed up? Or the fudge over AC and Puerto?
  • RichN95.
    micron wrote:

In the last five years:

Pellezotti
    Ricco
    Ullrich
    Basso
    Hamilton
    Rasmussen
    Vino
    Kasheshkin
    Di Luca
    Rebllin
    Schumacher
    Dekker
    Heras
    Gonzalez
    Scarponi
    Sinkewicz
    Mayo
    Honchar
    Piepoli
    Sella
    Kohl
    Mancebo
    Sevilla
    Beltran
    Astarloa
    Astarloza
    Mazzoleni
    Colom
    Millar

And soon Valverde

That's not small fry - that's a gutting of the top of the sport. So a few of your bete noires have dodged a bullet. One way or another big names are being found out.
  • micron
    Interesting to reflect on how many of those actually tested positive - and how many are really 'big fish' as opposed to being 'well known names' :lol: As I recall Basso was only thinking about it, Rasmussen said he was somewhere he wasn't and most of the Italians were caught by CONI not the UCI. I'm all for nailing riders on circumstantial evidence but let's be transparent and consistent about it and let's not pretend that the UCI were directly responsible for 'catching' most of the above :lol:
  • RichN95.
    micron wrote:
    Interesting to reflect on how many of those actually tested positive - and how many are really 'big fish' as opposed to being 'well known names' :lol: As I recall Basso was only thinking about it, Rasmussen said he was somewhere he wasn't and most of the Italians were caught by CONI not the UCI. I'm all for nailing riders on circumstantial evidence but let's be transparent and consistent about it and let's not pretend that the UCI were directly responsible for 'catching' most of the above :lol:

As I said, one way or another. If it's not a UCI test, does it not count? These people usually work together, you know. By 'big fish', you and others who say this, mean Armstrong - just admit it.
  • micron
    Armstrong, Valverde, Contador - all big fish with ??? about them. The thread is about the UCI (though it was AFLD/OCLAESP who caught Larpe) so I think it's entirely germane that we concern ourselves with their results, don't you? It's the UCI who are making a big deal of the small fish, meanwhile they let the big fish swim. AFLD and other national agencies are the ones who actually seem to be catching the dopers. Does this matter? In the bigger scheme of things no - but let's be clear on whose actually catching the dopers because the UCI seem awfully reluctant to do anything until they have their noses shoved in the sh*t like a recalcitrant puppy
  • ju5t1n
    RichN95 wrote:
    micron wrote:

In the last five years:

Pellezotti
    Ricco
    Ullrich
    Basso
    Hamilton
    Rasmussen
    Vino
    Kasheshkin
    Di Luca
    Rebllin
    Schumacher
    Dekker
    Heras
    Gonzalez
    Scarponi
    Sinkewicz
    Mayo
    Honchar
    Piepoli
    Sella
    Kohl
    Mancebo
    Sevilla
    Beltran
    Astarloa
    Astarloza
    Mazzoleni
    Colom
    Millar

And soon Valverde

That's not small fry - that's a gutting of the top of the sport. So a few of your bete noires have dodged a bullet. One way or another big names are being found out.
    You forgot Landis, remember him?
  • ju5t1n
    he had a funny little beard
  • DaveyL
    Larpe's just had his two year ban handed down to him.

Look forward to micron moaning about the looming USADA busts being just "small fry"...
    Le Blaireau (1)