Tough day at the office...

pottssteve
pottssteve Posts: 4,069
edited June 2010 in Pro race
Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs

Comments

• Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Like the line "How do I abandon?............I never did it before". Apart from his collarbone last March, he's been surprisingly injury free for a pro cyclist.

4626806640_97e903043a_o.jpg
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    Very dramatic.

1d83481cf6ba5c69db169c39e67ec2b2.jpg

Must have lost his concentration. No idea why.
  • Bronzie
    Luckao wrote:
    Must have lost his concentration. No idea why.
    Cadel twatted him!
  • luckao
    Why was the team filming it? Not many teams are so keen to capture their own rider's misery. [cynical]It all looks very contrived.[/cynical]
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,229
    Did he actually cut himself or did they pump so much in the blood started leaking back out (expanded at altitude maybe)? Hope they remembered to bag it ready to use again - recycling is the way forward :wink:
  • Murr X
    Murr X Posts: 258
    Luckao wrote:
    Why was the team filming it? Not many teams are so keen to capture their own rider's misery. [cynical]It all looks very contrived.[/cynical]
    Very little doubt that this was all contrived. I was expecting him to pull out with a stomach bug or bronchitis but even many LA fans would have a hard time believing that, the crash was much more entertaining and gives him a perfect opportunity to see to urgent issues elsewhere.

He will have some serious explaining to do now.
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    I completely misheard Bruyneel right at the start - he points and I swear he says "Lance is dead, Lance is dead..." :shock:
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • Bronzie
    Murr X wrote:
    Luckao wrote:
    Very little doubt that this was all contrived. I was expecting him to pull out with a stomach bug or bronchitis but even many LA fans would have a hard time believing that, the crash was much more entertaining and gives him a perfect opportunity to see to urgent issues elsewhere.

He will have some serious explaining to do now.
    While we're doing conspiracy theories...........that moon landing nonsense..............
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    Its hard to believe that is a contrived fall to get the heat off him.

But is it odd...
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Bronzie wrote:
    While we're doing conspiracy theories...........that moon landing nonsense..............

Armstrong was involved in that fiasco too. :D
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,229
    Yeah, and I bet he wouldn't have been able to jump so high if he'd been clean. Runs in the family :lol:
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    RichN95 wrote:
    Bronzie wrote:

Please don't forget a radioshack kit was seen on the grassy knoll.
  • luckao
    TommyEss wrote:
    I completely misheard Bruyneel right at the start - he points and I swear he says "Lance is dead, Lance is dead..." :shock:

Might have been talking about his credibility :P
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    Luckao wrote:
    TommyEss wrote:

Might have been talking about his credibility :P

No, can't be that - he likes his credibility!! :D
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • carrock
    carrock Posts: 1,103
    RichN95 wrote:
    Bronzie wrote:

Wasn't he driving the white fiat in the Paris tunnel- in September 1997? :shock:
  • Langman
    Langman Posts: 178
    He looks a lot like Lord Lucan.....
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Rumour has it Shergar was last seen on a ranch in Texas
    M.Rushton
  • Dodger747
    Dodger747 Posts: 305
    Bronzie wrote:
    Like the line "How do I abandon?............I never did it before"

If I remember correctly from his autobiography, didn't he abandon from his first pro race? :?
    VO2 Max - 79 ml/kg/min
    W/kg - 4.9
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    I Hope the enquiry into all of this Landis story is not being heard in texas

then HOUSTON really does have a problem :D
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Dodger747 wrote:
    Bronzie wrote:

If I remember correctly from his autobiography, didn't he abandon from his first pro race? :?

He quit his first race back after cancer - 1998 Paris-Nice maybe?

Still, it was a long time ago, can't expect the old guy to remember these minor details...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    DaveyL wrote:
    Dodger747 wrote:
    Bronzie wrote:

He quit his first race back after cancer - 1998 Paris-Nice maybe?

Still, it was a long time ago, can't expect the old guy to remember these minor details...
    Can we expect to hear "I have no recollection of that" a lot in the near future?
  • paulcuthbert
    paulcuthbert Posts: 1,016
    Gazzetta67 wrote:
    I Hope the enquiry into all of this Landis story is not being heard in texas

then HOUSTON really does have a problem :D

• Yes some day must be tough on that days every thing goes wrong and nothing will work according to yours. Really a mess up, frustrate you. But forget it and go on, it happens.