'Follow Me'

P-Jay
P-Jay Posts: 1,478
edited June 2010 in MTB general
Anyone got their copy yet?

I can't wait, I like a good MTB film me!

Bit peeved, pre-ordered a copy months ago, only DVD was available, then as soon as it's out theirs Bluray!!

E-mailed Anthill, they passed me onto Pink Bike who swapped my order for me, top service!! But looks like it'll be another 2 week now :-(

Comments

• lugsey2k5
    lugsey2k5 Posts: 960
    watched it. i wasn't massively impressed but very watch able
  • hoochylala
    hoochylala Posts: 987
    Its available on iTunes AFAIK with a little bit of country work around :)
  • upinsmoke
    upinsmoke Posts: 278
    Very disappointed with the Sam Hill section, I had high hopes for that. Good but i think NWD10 was better.

Some great moments though. The gap jump to wall ride on the Kamloops section was feckin nuts.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    upinsmoke wrote:
    The gap jump to wall ride on the Kamloops section was feckin nuts.

Where's he going... OH!

The Sam Hill bit was ruined by the weather, which was a shame, I guess some of the other riders would have been up for some stupid snow riding action but you can't expect that of the real athletes I reckon. And Gee Atherton's bit was just, well, completely dull IMO. Mainly it suffered from the lack of an ending, it just runs out. Not a bad film by any means though, just not very memorable.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    wow... didnt know it was out yet
  • fredy
    fredy Posts: 308
    how does it compare to their other films?
  • Dan Dare
    Dan Dare Posts: 367
    I've watched it a couple of times now, it's only 45 mins long but worth a watch, makes me realise just how slow I go on the trails though :lol: I liked the Killaflaw track from the last section, I downloaded it on iTunes, I'll play it in the car next time I'm on the way to Llandegla to psych me up!
  • Soul Boy
    Soul Boy Posts: 359
    Seeing it at the Prince Charles cinema on Weds evening, double bill with Seasons :lol:
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    Ha ha, still looking forward to it, but of my haste to switch my order to bluray it's going to be another month...

It's only a film, and short rainy one by the sounds of it.
  • Northwind
    fredy wrote:

Honestly? It doesn't at all IMO, the best bits are about on a par with most of the bits in the others but it feels a lot more staged, and there's a bit of filler in it. And it's very short to boot. To me it felt really unfinished, like it'd been rushed to the market. It's not bad at all but they've set the bar high and they didn't get close this time.
    Soul Boy wrote:
    Seeing it at the Prince Charles cinema on Weds evening, double bill with Seasons :lol:

Did the same in Glasgow, it was ace. And hopefully more like it to come.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • fredy
    I see, i would love to get one, is there a 'best one'? I would espicially be interested in any footage of BC.
  • Northwind
    Not sure if there's a best. Think I preferred seasons myself but the first 3 are all good. Seasons has some absolute top quality bits and also, it's incredibly long :lol:

Oh and also available from Itunes for £1.89 8) Just get it. Get it get it.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Cferg
    Cferg Posts: 347
    Northwind wrote:
    Not sure if there's a best. Think I preferred seasons myself but the first 3 are all good. Seasons has some absolute top quality bits and also, it's incredibly long :lol:

Oh and also available from Itunes for £1.89 8) Just get it. Get it get it.

Thanks alot for that, just purchased it, downloading it now :D
  • Northwind wrote:
    fredy wrote:

Honestly? It doesn't at all IMO, the best bits are about on a par with most of the bits in the others but it feels a lot more staged, and there's a bit of filler in it. And it's very short to boot. To me it felt really unfinished, like it'd been rushed to the market. It's not bad at all but they've set the bar high and they didn't get close this time.

Spot on. I was so excited for Follow Me but it defiantly had something missing. But saying that no one makes MTB videos even close to these guys so it is still worth a watch. Seasons is defiantly my favourite.

Also, if anyone hasn't seen the 2008 Red Bull Rampage, watch it, it's amazing. Probably even better than anything the collective/anthill have done imo
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    Seasons was the best £1.89 i ever spent. its total y amazing.
    i cant wait to see follow me, but i cant work out how to hack itunes to let me download it.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • fredy
    cheers for that itunes tip. good film. Shame about the quality though. WIll get the next one on dvd instead.
  • giantculler
    giantculler Posts: 92
    the film is amazing, bike art.
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    Loved it :D It kills me that I'm still about 2 years away from being able to afford a Downhill bike though :(
  • ponch
    ponch Posts: 1
    Watched it at Prince Charles last night. Excellent. hard to compare it to Seasons and ROAM, especially after only one viewing. it's defo up there though. The final NZ scene is unreal.
  • SDK2007
    SDK2007 Posts: 782
    Loving the last section with Gee and Steve S - awesome riding skills.
  • peterpolo
    peterpolo Posts: 27
    saw this at the belmont in aberdeen last night.

Follow me then Seasons.

both were pretty awesome.
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I really liked all the sections, some unreal riding but it is pretty short and does kinda just end. Loved seeing my ski resort on film in the summer (Silver Star) I've skied over those berms and jumps so often, always wondered what they looked like in the loam.

NZ was good but should have been better, North Shore was short due to weather - they obviously got more filming after Sam Hill had decamped as there is much more of Vanderham (who for me is one of the best all round riders about).
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • fredy
    i love it, the cinematography is really good and stops it being another boring biking film. Wasn't too impressed by the last part, i didn't think it was up to thier standards. It would be nice to see some trials again, the prague section in roam is brilliant.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    Ho do i go about downloading said Seasons on UK iTunes? Cheers
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    I think they're showing Follow me at BikeRadar Live on the big screen (along with all the other most popular films like this), looking forward to seeing that if they are. :D
  • Chalky76
    Chalky76 Posts: 260
    it's good, but i rate Seasons more
    ride your bike like a kid whilst you still can

Transition Blindside = http://www.flickr.com/photos/traceychalk/5335403095/
  • hoochylala
    hoochylala Posts: 987
    I watched this the other day. Never seen any of the other 'big' mtbing films like Seasons etc... so wasn't sure what to expect. I can honestly say I was blown away. The quality of the riding on show was amazing - it really does put my bimble in the hills into perspective :o

Looks like i will be buying the other mtb films in due course if they are anything like this.
  • I am waiting for my Bluray copy :)
    -- Specialized StumpJumper FSR Comp (09) [for me] --
    -- Specialized Safire FSR Comp (09) [for the Mrs] --
  • JonnyN
    JonnyN Posts: 181
    to download Seasons on iTunes you need to search under "TV Shows"....
    "Time you enjoy wasting, is not a waste of time"

"I'm too young to be too old for this shit"

Specialized FSRxc Expert 2008
    Kona Stinky 2008 (Deceased)
    Trek Scratch Air 8 2010 (Work in Progress)