2012 Olympics Road race route

homercles
homercles Posts: 499
edited May 2010 in Pro race

Comments

• sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    homercles wrote:

Yes indeed, one to go and watch for absolute certain!!
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Box hill may even be resurfaced!
    Difficult to look so far ahead but I wonder who this route might favour? I doubt even the mighty Box Hill will be enough to dislodge the entire peloton.
    It'll be ventoux like with all the spectators.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,230
    They'll go up Box Hill like they do pretty much any hill in the ToB, in the big ring with no-one except the weakest getting shelled out. I don't think British "hills" register on the best cyclists, even sprinters get over them with no issues.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,867
    Box hill may even be resurfaced!
    Difficult to look so far ahead but I wonder who this route might favour? I doubt even the mighty Box Hill will be enough to dislodge the entire peloton.
    It'll be ventoux like with all the spectators.

bit far out is the problem would be ferocious if they finished 2-10k the other side

would have been sagan territory

unless a selection is made it all comes back together...

might surprise us.. it is a tad rolly polly
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    The city centre loop seems completely flat, and any hill South of Derby and East of Shrewsbury will not be a major obstacle unless taken many times and/or in the finale. This has Cavendish written all over it.

Now, the original idea of a Highgate loop, that would have been interesting.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,867
    FJS wrote:
    The city centre loop seems completely flat, and any hill South of Derby and East of Shrewsbury will not be a major obstacle unless taken many times and/or in the finale. This has Cavendish written all over it.

Now, the original idea of a Highgate loop, that would have been interesting.

yeah I think you have nailed it
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm