Scorchio weather for racing this weekend!!!

sheffsimon
sheffsimon Posts: 1,282
edited May 2010 in Amateur race
Gonna be boiling for Saturday afternoon road race :)

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    I'm driving lead car on the Welsh champs so won't get the benefit :cry:
  • sheffsimon
    Pross wrote:
    I'm driving lead car on the Welsh champs so won't get the benefit :cry:

Wind your window down??
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    :lol: Good thinking! Will end up with a sun burned right elbow I expect.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I'm on nights :(
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    I'll be on a seventy mile club run, on Sunday... :wink:

I got a bit of a tan line started today! :D
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • sheffsimon
    Can confirm it was scorchio in Saturday afternoon race.

Tan lines on arms developed nicely, legs not so much, but looking more tanned though. :)
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    SheffSimon wrote:

Tan lines on arms developed nicely, legs not so much, but looking more tanned though. :)

Where did you finish? Think I caught sight of you as the bunch zipped past me with 200m to go.
    More problems but still living....
  • sheffsimon
    amaferanga wrote:
    SheffSimon wrote:

Where did you finish? Think I caught sight of you as the bunch zipped past me with 200m to go.

6th, I think, or maybe 7th. Two riders were away, then I got 4th or 5th in the sprint. What colours were you in?
  • amaferanga
    SheffSimon wrote:
    amaferanga wrote:
    SheffSimon wrote:

6th, I think, or maybe 7th. Two riders were away, then I got 4th or 5th in the sprint. What colours were you in?

Red/black. I was the guy that asked if it was you that won the last race when we were hanging around at the start.
  • sheffsimon
    amaferanga wrote:
    SheffSimon wrote:
    amaferanga wrote:
    SheffSimon wrote:

Red/black. I was the guy that asked if it was you that won the last race when we were hanging around at the start.

Ah, sorry, didnt realise that was you, was keeping an eye out for an Ardbeg top to say hello. You went away near the finish and got caught in the sprint. Some good sprinters in our group mind, ex-pro and Milk Race winner amongst them.

Nice ride though. Bit harder than last time I think, guy who won was pretty strong, thought about jumping on his wheel when he went as we caught the front group but he was going about twice as fast as me !!
  • amaferanga
    Well I probably wouldn't have recognised you if you hadn't been wearing black again!

That fella that won used to be an elite apparently - think he's been winning on the Thursday series as well. Looked very easy for him.
  • sheffsimon
    amaferanga wrote:
    Well I probably wouldn't have recognised you if you hadn't been wearing black again!

That fella that won used to be an elite apparently - think he's been winning on the Thursday series as well. Looked very easy for him.

Yeah, he was out on last nights chain gang - 'kin 'ell!!