Yet another pedal thread - Woo hoo

symo
symo Posts: 1,743
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
OK, Genesis day one cross is here (photos to follow), and I am now wondering what pedals to use. Intention is to use it fixed sooner or later. On the Kona Dew Deluxe I have Shimano 324's on the Kiron and the Planet X Ti I have Ultegra pedals.

So if I am to use this as a CX bike and also to go to the pub and run it single and fixed....... what pedals am I to use????
+++++++++++++++++++++
we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,714
    MTB clipless. Useable off road when it's being used as a crosser and allow you to walk into the pub without sounding like a woman in high heels.
  • What shoes are you going to use? MTB cleats are shocking when attached to road shoes. Road cleats aren't enormously better, but they are better.
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    Maybe these:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Sear ... 5QodzhopLA

I have them on the Tricross, double sided SPD's which can be used with normal shoes for pub trips etc.
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    I've got Shimano M540s. Took a bit to get used to them, but use them for the commute and for CX.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • markshaw77
    markshaw77 Posts: 437
    cjcp wrote:
    I've got Shimano M540s. Took a bit to get used to them, but use them for the commute and for CX.

+1 to that

Plus, for learning fixed, you can set them up as tight or as loose as you want
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    whyamihere wrote:
    allow you to walk into the pub without sounding like a woman in high heels.

How can that possibly be classed as a good thing??
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Just bought some of the 647 on chain reaction
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.