Giro Stage 12 *spoiler*

mididoctors
mididoctors Posts: 18,867
edited May 2010 in Pro race
got bored with the Landis thread

15km solo breakaway by flens (RAB) 1'55 down the road
"If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm

Comments

• mididoctors
    18km growing quickly to over 3;43 in just another 3 km

day off...
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • thomasmc
    thomasmc Posts: 814
    Spolier! Is there a race on somewhere today?
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Lead now up to 54 minutes. Saxo Bank refusing to chase. Astana, BMC, Cervelo and Sky staring each other out. Caisse and Liquigas playing top trumps at back of the peloton. Flens was 1h 53 mins down on GC overnight so only needs to take another hour and he'll be virtual maglia rose. ;)
  • mididoctors
    Lead now up to 54 minutes. Saxo Bank refusing to chase. Astana, BMC, Cervelo and Sky staring each other out. Caisse and Liquigas playing top trumps at back of the peloton. Flens was 1h 53 mins down on GC overnight so only needs to take another hour and he'll be virtual maglia rose. ;)

yeah Saxo were crazy not to cover that move.. now they are going to have chase really hard
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    better dawdle over to the PTP thread

Strava is not Zen.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Flens, Kaisen and Krivstov have about 6 minutes with 147km to go.
  • avoidingmyphd
    avoidingmyphd Posts: 1,154
    it's quiet in here today. worth pointing out that garmin and htc-columbia are driving the bunch, so normality seems to have been restored.

Oh, and I love this from the cyclingnews feed:
    this race may soon may see other twisted turns
    I guess the slip is because English isn't hedwig's first language, but it actually captures yesterday better than "twists and turns" would.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Oy... I got 1 page into the Landis thread before losing the will to live. Anything juicy in the other 9?
  • le_patron
    le_patron Posts: 494
    afx237vi wrote:
    Oy... I got 1 page into the Landis thread before losing the will to live. Anything juicy in the other 9?

Page 4 is worth a peruse.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    afx237vi wrote:

There's the full text of his letter on about page 4 or so. While there's no source credited, it does match some of the quotes in the mainstream media. Loads of people mentioned. Expect Michael Barry to be DNF today.

Anyway on with the race. Does Griepel still have the stomach problem which is making his positioning in the last kilo so lousy?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    Full e-mail's on page 3 - that's worth reading. Other than that you're fine.
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Yep, I think we need a cycling equivalent of the "Godwin". Maybe called the "Howard", and brought into effect when "that" picture of LA's blood profile is posted...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • afx237vi
    Oof, just finished reading the email. Doesn't mess about when he decides to dish the dirt, does he?
  • mididoctors
    afx237vi wrote:

Landis doped and so did lance and the postals
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Live coverage on ES in 15 min. Will be interesting to hear Harmon's take on it all.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • mididoctors
    Flens going for the breakaway prize

they win a scooter of summit dont they?

or is that the LR?
  • Is there an Italian without a scooter?!
  • mididoctors
    points jersey is not out of reach of Evans as the opportunities for farrar to rack up points are running out?
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Farrar docked 25 points yesterday because he and others finished outside the time limit. They were kept in the race but docked points.
  • mididoctors
    Kléber wrote:
    Farrar docked 25 points yesterday because he and others finished outside the time limit. They were kept in the race but docked points.

surprised he has the jersey still?

who is wearing it?
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    CN race feed:
    12:40 GMT
    Will we finally see an Italian stage winner today? The tifosi are getting pretty impatient. Will Alessandro Petacchi find his top speed again or Tyler Farrar remain almost unbeatable? If the stage does finish in a bunch sprint.. :oops:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • afx237vi
    Woo, namechecked by Harmon, whoever I am.
  • mididoctors
    CN race feed:
    12:40 GMT
    Will we finally see an Italian stage winner today? The tifosi are getting pretty impatient. Will Alessandro Petacchi find his top speed again or Tyler Farrar remain almost unbeatable? If the stage does finish in a bunch sprint.. :oops:

I'm still waiting for a surprise move by pelizotti
  • mididoctors
    afx237vi wrote:

15 secs of fame is yours at last
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi wrote:

More like 5, but that'll do me.
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    afx237vi wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Your name took him so long to say it was surely at least 10
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Kléber wrote:

surprised he has the jersey still?

who is wearing it?

Farrar had 84 points to Cadel's 52.

It's now down to 59, but still more than Cadel's 52. So he keeps the jersey for now.
  • stokepa31
    stokepa31 Posts: 560
    Thinking the AG2R rider in the break looks like a young Darren Gough (pre pie days lol)
    Burning Fat Not Rubber

Scott CR1
    Genesis IO ID
    Moda Canon
  • Sheptastic
    Sheptastic Posts: 298
    afx237vi wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

What did he say?
  • afx237vi
    Sheptastic wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

What did he say?

I posted this on Twitter...

@spokesmen do you think these revelations will have any implications for BMC, seeing as Andy Rihs is still a central part of that team?

...he just read it out and then went to an advert break.