Tyre fassion

wavey1490
wavey1490 Posts: 39
edited May 2010 in MTB general
I ask the question to the masses of you,

as tyre fassion (ie colours) seem to be coming back with the likes of schwalbe producing the new white ones. Would it be wrong and frowned upon these days to run the green michelin tyres anymore ??

As for the past few years it has been back to basics and black has been the only option. But what if you had an abundance of tyres in your shed which some were the above mentioned greenies or maybe some of the blue nokia sl tyres all still inpretty much new condition

am only asking for a friend :wink::wink::wink: lol
Anorexic Racing Snake ;)

Comments

• Thread8
    Thread8 Posts: 479
    Run coloured tyres if you want to...

its not our fault you'll look a gimp though

:lol:
    Haro Thread 8
    Please help!

"It's like parkour, on a bike"
  • wavey1490
    wavey1490 Posts: 39
    erm....er..hhmm.. not me looking gimp my erm... :roll: friend lol :wink:
    Anorexic Racing Snake ;)
  • Tolk
    Tolk Posts: 775
    Run what you want on your bike, it's your bike after all!

If they're green wildgrippers, do it! Loved that tyre, had some white ones that went a lovely shade of beige!
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Years ago I gave some green Wildgrippers and some grey Tiogas to a mate I don't see too often. I went round his house the other week and he was still using them on his commuter/hack bike :shock:

The Tiogas were starting to disintegrate and the Wildgrippers felt like hard plastic but on a bike as old as his (late-90s) they didn't look too bad.
  • Oxygen Thief
    Oxygen Thief Posts: 649
    Why not. They'll def be back I reckon. Fashion is like a circle.
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Tolk wrote:
    Run what you want on your bike, it's your bike after all!

This. I've got blue, red (yes, red, not pink!) Panracer XC Fire pros and a set of Mud pros with the red sidewalls. Use them as necessary rather than as a fashion thing.
  • dan shard
    dan shard Posts: 722
    Saw some green tyres on Sat at Cannock. I wasn't keen personally but I do like the coloured tyre walls of the Schwalbes and panaracers

Whatever rocks your boat I suppose
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Bring back butterscotch tyres!
  • mkf
    mkf Posts: 242
    hands up to this one luv em

fashion tart i am, currently running bright red michelin hot 's' on my bike to match a red white and blue scheme.
    have also run the green ones in the past.

fair to say though they are good tyres in the dry

BRING BACK COLOUR YEA :D
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Butterscotch sidewalls ftw. Assuming it's the early 1990s. It isn't? Ah well, black then.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    mkf wrote:

pbpic1974499.jpg
    pbpic1965121.jpg

two of my efforts..
    capt note the tyres are red.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • .blitz
    nicklouse wrote:
    mkf wrote:
    pbpic1974499.jpg
    two of my efforts..
    capt note the tyres are red.
    Arrghh my eyes!
  • mkf
    mkf Posts: 242
    wish i knew how to post pics
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    .blitz

what too much red?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    I've got some of those white rocket rons for the inbred... just need to get the frame resprayed and the white goodridge hosing.
  • Thread8
    Thread8 Posts: 479
    I must say nick, they both actually look quite good :?

All the bikes round here with coloured tyres on are brakeless and ridden by arrogant chavs, and are generally horrible/crap bikes
    Haro Thread 8
    Please help!

"It's like parkour, on a bike"
  • .blitz
    Nick: :)
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    i have blue XC pros on my white Felt , looks sick to the power of rad. 8) :lol::wink:
    nothing wrong with a splash of colour , thats wot the kids down the precinct say anyway.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    1.jpg

Edit, that's not mine by the way, just wanted to find a pic of butterscotch tyres.

Not sure about the whole white tyres thing, I saw a road bike with some and it looked rank, especially after it had done about ten meters and they'd gone grey...
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    There seems to be a rising trend with the dirt jumpers/street/park riders at the moment, whitewall tyres. They look fucking horrible, IMO.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • D-Cyph3r
    D-Cyph3r Posts: 847
    I bought Nobby Nic's with red stripes. Not because my bike has red bits, but because they are obviously faster than normal black ones.