Leaving your bike when at work

2»

Comments

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    spasypaddy wrote:
    shame hes not a banker then and that it was also a present from a client.

Crikey - that's a pricey present from a client :shock:

Best I've ever managed was a crate of mineral water :lol:
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    Lots of secure undergound parking at our place, but it would be quite bad publicity if my company didn't make an effort for its cycing staff 8)
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    A small rack on the outside of the rear of my workplace, had my commuter hack stolen and still store the replacement hack bike to the same rack. :(

Just a beefy boron carbide chain and lock to deter the tea leafs now. Seems to have done the trick so far, but then I only ever ride hacks to work the latest of which is covered in rust :)
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    My work has bike racks. To gain access to the rack you have to pass a manned security gate, and then it's one mile to the bike parking facility. Pretty safe, unless someone who actually works here decides to nick it.

pretty much the same but the bike shed is a dumping ground for PCSO's BSO's that they take no care over parking them (half the time it looks as if the BSO's have been thrown in from a distance) and it overlooks the rear fence and 10 foot drop to the canal - we've had 3 break in's in 12 months with bikes stolen or vandalised and the security guards have seen nowt. I park my bike under the stairwell inside the back door and regularly have rows with Admin / H&S goblin about it. They eventually promise to sort out better security and have the PCSO's treat the place with some respect and I promise that when they do I'll use the provision. 12 months on and I'm still parking uder the stairs.

and the changing facilites are crud too
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    Rolf F wrote:
    spasypaddy wrote:
    shame hes not a banker then and that it was also a present from a client.

Crikey - that's a pricey present from a client :shock:

Best I've ever managed was a crate of mineral water :lol:
    yeah i know. lucky man
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    im fortunate as can take bike into work

maybe cos they know if its outside I wouldnt get any work done for constantly checking on it
  • Mickey Eye
    Mickey Eye Posts: 590
    I have secure parking at work, so secure in fact that I'm not nervous about having left my MTB there overnight unlocked. My HR manager used to store her Bianchi in her office, so if I wanted to I doubt there would be a problem. Occasionally I'll bring a bike up if I want to use tools from my workshop and the only comments I've ever had have been along the lines of "nice bike".
  • mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    We've got a cage (work card opened) in a NCP car park. CCTV, stands to lock to etc. Problems - lay out poor so hard to get bikes in and out, very busy and people have been known to tailgate in and "remove" bikes and items. But it is a lot better than nothing. We're doing an office move in a couple of years and the lobbying has started for better facilities and showers etc etc...