Retford/Gainsborough area

equinefunk
equinefunk Posts: 323
edited May 2010 in Routes
Hi...wonder if anyone can help with a route around this area? I going to be working in this area every Wednesday for the forseeable future. Rather than spending the evenings stuck in the hotel bar piling on the pounds in weight & expenses can anyone help with a ride? I work until 6.30 so it will have to be quite close.

Thanks in advance....
I'm over 6' and have quite a large head.

Comments

• santacrews
    santacrews Posts: 51
    Not much help if you already know but Sherwood Pines is about ur best bet !

Some say its DULL ! but it gets my heart rate up blasting thro the relatively flat loamy vegitation, as with most trails now its dried out nicely, its waymarked so as long as you start off in the right direction you can follow it with ease !

There is a SKILLS Area mid way !

I use the trerm loosely "BUT" i can say this !
    I saw a FULL ON DHer on Sat Bottle the wooden drop at the top before the two wall rides ! pretty embarassing really with carbon lid on Goggles and Full Body suit on to be ushered out the way by an 8 year old on a Hard Tail !!!!!!

WTF !

Go ride ! report back and spread the word !

As you said it beats sitting in a hotel bar listening to every one talking SH!TE !
  • equinefunk
    Thanks....I'll try and give it a spin. It's about an hour drive away...
  • santacrews
    santacrews Posts: 51
    I ride with a guy from Retford, he regularly rides the Pines,

if you require something a bit more challenging then a trip across to wharncliffe has to be made !

All pretty natural stuff with some really techy off camber steep runs along the top fire road leading down the slope, Best ridden with some one who knows the area or your missing out really,

The Pines loop should bring out a bead of sweat tho !

Keep us posted ?
  • equinefunk
    Thanks guys....the only problem is that they're about an hours drive away according to my satnav. Might have to just dig out the road bike.