Hows your cyclist tan come on?

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,064
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
Only just noticed that i've kick off this years tan, just to make me look even more stupid the left arm is lower than the right :lol:

Haven't checked my legs yet but I can feel the heat coming on.
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• Matt the Tester
    Matt the Tester Posts: 1,261
    havent had a chance to tan my legs much yet but my upper body is getting there especially my arms and head :D
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    Hah, I was going to post exactly the same thread :)

Haven't quite worked out where I've left my camera yet though.
  • NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    I never tan on my legs, will always be pale and 'interesting' when it comes to my legs :(
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    http://andyonabike.blogspot.com/ tan marks half way down page

not a nice time to find out i tanned through a hole in my glove, also have funny lines where the sun has gone through the mesh

yes i feel very silly :oops:
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    My arms are tanned after starting off burnt after one day's 3 hours ride in constant sunshine. But my legs are the normal pasty white.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Legs have lovely lines, but as have been on long sleeve till now, no upper body marks.
    Looking forward to getting a nice dark tan line on legs and arms, and even glove lines on hands....

Roll on the sun north of the border!!
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    I have tan lines halfway up my calves and my fingers are tanned at the tips
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    The mankini has left some really odd patterns, now it's warmed up maybe it's time to ditch it.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Managed to burn my legs about 6 weeks ago so I have red fronts to my thighs and red backs to my ankles. Didn't look bright enough to burn. I've found my factor 50 now!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    yup forming already on my arms but still in 3/4's on my legs so nothing started there yet.
    FCN = 4
  • acidstrato
    acidstrato Posts: 945
    my arms are looking pretty golden, been out in the ss jerseys for months tbh

i do get alot of laughs when people eventually notice my hands are white though :roll:
    Crafted in Italy apparantly
  • DaveHudson
    DaveHudson Posts: 290
    I'm going gloveless to avoid the white hand situation.

I am about as pasty as it gets normally so it's nice to have some colour this year. Legs are taking a while to get any colour, Looks like two bits of string hanging from my shorts :oops:
  • pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    Starting to develop on the arms but it's not very noticeable at the moment. Last year I had tan lines on my face from my helmet straps. Don't really want a repeat of that, it looked rediculous.
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010
  • Rich158
    Rich158 Posts: 2,348
    I haven't noticed the arms yet, but the legs are nice and stripy. Not that I'm worried, I never expose any more than I do wearing Lycra
    pain is temporary, the glory of beating your mates to the top of the hill lasts forever.....................

Revised FCN - 2
  • nich
    nich Posts: 888
    I'm waiting to see how my head does now that I'm balding. I'm sure the gaps in the helmet might give some interesting tan shapes on my head.
  • gert_lush
    gert_lush Posts: 634
    Nothing on the arms yet but the legs are coming along a treat. Also, due to wearing long sleeves I seem to have tanned wrists where there is a gap between the long sleeves and the starts of the gloves! (which basically looks like I can't wash properly!)
    FCN 8 mainly
    FCN 4 sometimes
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Freckles on my arms are starting to merge (my usual tanning progress), as I have different length sleeved T's I haven't got a line, more of a fade zone! Legs no change, finger tips are markedly darker than to the first joint though!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    nothing but I'm still using a 3/4, long sleeves and gloves :oops:

Methinks it's time to visit one or two well known sites at lunchtime
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    arms are looking good (from holiday) but the hands are now starting to be whiter than the rest, legs are coming on but a little behind... I'm trying to keep the lycra as high as possibly so I don't look like an... well.. idiot if I wear shirts that are a little shorter
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    nich wrote:
    I'm waiting to see how my head does now that I'm balding. I'm sure the gaps in the helmet might give some interesting tan shapes on my head.

Surprisingly this doesn't seem to happen :)

I have the remnants of my Australia tan (which wasn't much of one to start with after so many "omg the southern hemisphere sun is like that laser in James Bond" warnings) and have only worn SS tops twice so far this year...
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    My thighs still bear the lines from last year's tan. :D
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    Agent57 wrote:
    My thighs still bear the lines from last year's tan. :D

+1
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    There is about a day a year when I can see the slightest hint of a cycle induced tan. This isn't normally achieved under normal summer conditions it's how I know global warming is real.... :P
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Rich158 wrote:
    I haven't noticed the arms yet, but the legs are nice and stripy. Not that I'm worried, I never expose any more than I do wearing Lycra

I'm saying nowt

25157.jpg
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
    its gonna get topped up with 2 laps of the RP tonight :D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,714
    Tan lines are to be treasured and nurtured.

Mine were started well and truly in the 2 hours I rode this morning. A couple more days like this and I'll look truly ridiculous. Can't wait.
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    itboffin wrote:
    Rich158 wrote:

I'm saying nowt

25157.jpg

I'll see you that Borat image, and raise you:

Not really safe for work image
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    Clever Pun wrote:
    arms are looking good (from holiday) but the hands are now starting to be whiter than the rest, legs are coming on but a little behind... I'm trying to keep the lycra as high as possibly so I don't look like an... well.. idiot if I wear skirts that are a little shorter

This is how I initially read your post
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,412
    Freckles are joining up nicely on the arms, but weirdly, my legs almost never get any colour on them despite the same amount of exposure. Only two options: sunburnt pink, or bluie-ish white.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Buckled_Rims
    Buckled_Rims Posts: 1,648
    You can't see my tan for the splatter of flies and insect blood that's been hitting my arms and legs. I suppose it's a natural form of tan lotion.

What I dread is helmet streaked sunburn on my bald head :!:
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4