Just discovered I have Eurosport subscription

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,064
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
Cancel all my meetings I have work to do :D

Giro highlights, ToC highlights then live 8)

Excellent
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• NGale
    NGale Posts: 1,866
    funny, I 'accidently' booked my annual leave for when the TdF just happens to be on :roll:
    Officers don't run, it's undignified and panics the men
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,358
    I booked my hols for the week before the mountain stages

DOH!
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,358
    edited May 2010
    Double post

DOH!
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • itboffin
    Awesome split really mixed things up, as for the weather thats a mild British summer commute.

MTFU pros ;-)
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    NGale wrote:
    funny, I 'accidently' booked my annual leave for when the TdF just happens to be on :roll:

While I have always liked watching cycling, I would rather be doing it...

My TDF heyday was about 1984 - 1989 when C4 did it and Bernauld Hinaut was on his last tour,Sean Kelly and Stephen Roach were doing great, Robert Millar was KOTM and it was all fresh, exciting and great tv..... all gone downhill since then. But all that inspired me to go out, and it was always a toss up between watching it or going out for a ride. Usually did both!!
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • NGale
    NGale wrote:

While I have always liked watching cycling, I would rather be doing it...

My TDF heyday was about 1984 - 1989 when C4 did it and Bernauld Hinaut was on his last tour,Sean Kelly and Stephen Roach were doing great, Robert Millar was KOTM and it was all fresh, exciting and great tv..... all gone downhill since then. But all that inspired me to go out, and it was always a toss up between watching it or going out for a ride. Usually did both!!

I have to make do with watching at the moment as I can't cycle any great distance, got some back problems which may need operating on :cry:
  • itboffin
    Well that was ACE cycling, beer & monster munch - heaven :D

Now for ToC live 8)
  • NGale
    itboffin wrote:
    Well that was ACE cycling, beer & monster munch - heaven :D

Now for ToC live 8)

Nice to see the pros have problems with motorists as well :shock: :shock: