It's like pulling teeth

Kieran_Burns
Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
Finally managed to get one of the guys in the office to start cycling in to work...

Or at least he says he will be tomorrow... :?

It's 2.7 miles which took him 20 minutes on his test run, so he ain't quick but he IS going to try this out. :D

By his own admission he has to, as the distance is killing his car and he is desparately out of shape.

I even prepared him a checklist to complete to make sure he had everything set before he started.

He's popping back tonight with the change of clothes and bike lock for work and the bike is prepped at home.

I've also got my boss buying a Boardman so he can get out and we're even suggesting ways he can drop his car off at one the teams house which is 9 miles away and cycle the rest of the way in.

Now I'm going to start on THAT guy and get him to cycle in with our boss if he starts.

It's easier to cycle I tell you :wink:

Please wish our new cycle commuter all the luck in the world - he's very nervous but looking forward to trying.
Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
2011 Trek Madone 4.5
2012 Felt F65X
Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter

Comments

• Well done Kieran : didn't know you were engaged in missionary work ..

Just make sure the natives don't eat you ...
    Specialized Roubaix Pro SL : Litespeed Titanium Siena : Specialized Allez : Specialized Tri Cross :
    Specialized Rockhopper
  • Matt the Tester
    Matt the Tester Posts: 1,261
    lol they get hungury this time of the year :P

good job on encouraging some people though! you will have a new best friend soon :D
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    I managed to get the wife to cycle to work on my commuter to her new job and built up an old bike for myself. It was hard work, but she seems to be enjoying it and keeps telling me how she gets home faster than she would in the car :D

We always MTB together at weekends, but she has up until now refused to ride on the roads, took her out at the weekend and she seemed to warm to it.

Loving the fact that she is seems less angry and that the car only gets used for weekend jaunts now :D

I say it is the duty of everyone on here to get at least one other person cycling to work! :wink:
  • Eau Rouge
    Eau Rouge Posts: 1,118
    It's 2.7 miles ... as the distance is killing his car and he is ... out of shape.

That was exactly why I started cycling to work too :)
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Well done Kieran : didn't know you were engaged in missionary work ..

Just make sure the natives don't eat you ...

+1 ....................... especially if they don't enjoy it!!!
  • DaveHudson
    DaveHudson Posts: 290
    My manager is cycling in once a week now as he has seen that I love my daily commute, It's 12 miles either way so he won't do it every day.

Even the MD has started going for a few miles each morning before work as he felt left out :lol:
  • itsbruce
    itsbruce Posts: 221
    I bought a shiny new bike. Our COO then developed bike envy and is now planning to become a cycle commuter. At this rate, we'll soon have 30% of the company cycling to work.