Easy routes near to Northampton

zordon
zordon Posts: 11
edited May 2010 in Routes
Hi
Both myself and my girlfriend are new to Mountain Biking.

To ease my girlfriend into this, I'm looking for some easy routes, preferably near to Northampton, however we could travel to the peak district or Wales.

I was thinking about Llandegla but would like her to have a little experience 1st.

Thanks.

Mark

Comments

• BorisSpencer
    BorisSpencer Posts: 786
    Last time I looked the Peak district and Wales weren't particularly near Northampton. :wink:
    Have you been out to Harlestone Firs, Irchester CP, and Woburn Sands?
    Northwind wrote: It's like I covered it in superglue and rode it through ebay.
  • zordon
    Hi BorisSpencer, We are Mountain bike virgins so we have not tried any routes yet.

Thanks for these suggestions just looking them up and and the pages I am on suggest other ones around the area as well. Looks like we wont have to travel so far now.
  • puddle-rider
    puddle-rider Posts: 295
    If your virgins then you need would be advised to stay away from the likes of the Welsh Trail centres and the Peak District for a while.
    Boris makes some good suggestions to which you could add, Thetford and Sherwood Pines if you want to travel a bit.
  • zordon
    Thanks puddle-rider, looks liek i have a few places to start then.

Mark
  • pemsey
    pemsey Posts: 107
    Hi - if you want some nice easyish routes round Northampton area you could do worse that come along on a Treads Sunday ride - link in my sig - friendly bunch with a range of routes and "secret knowledge" of most bikeable bits round Northamptonshire :wink: