Cyclist Friendly Pub

mrc1
mrc1 Posts: 852
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
I need to meet my mate in the city tonight (near bank ideally) but I am on my nice bike (ie i cannot let it out of my sight) so am looking for recommendations of a cyclist friendly pub with outdoor space?

Cheers
http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1

Comments

• el_presidente
    el_presidente Posts: 1,963
    The Telegraph just off Moorgate is down a dead-end street and has plenty of railings and most people will drink outside.

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/ ... h/Moorgate

The pubs in Leadnehall Market should also suffice.
    <a>road</a>
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    mrc1 wrote:
    I need to meet my mate in the city tonight (near bank ideally) but I am on my nice bike (ie i cannot let it out of my sight) so am looking for recommendations of a cyclist friendly pub with outdoor space?

Cheers

Any particular city?
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    +1 for Leadenhall - you could have some cheeky cobble action as well.

There's also The Ship around there
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • mrc1
    will3 wrote:
    mrc1 wrote:

Cheers

Any particular city?

Sorry how Londondectric of me :oops: ...

London please!

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    There's also Simpson's, up an alley off Cornhill or Threadneedle St.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    mrc1 wrote:
    will3 wrote:
    mrc1 wrote:

Cheers

Any particular city?

London please!

you said the City(near bank) it's pretty clear imo

Will3 is just having 'fun'
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • will3
    will3 Posts: 2,173
    Clever Pun wrote:
    mrc1 wrote:
    will3 wrote:
    mrc1 wrote:

Cheers

Any particular city?

London please!

Oh you mean the city. Ah! :wink:
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    will3 wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    mrc1 wrote:
    will3 wrote:
    mrc1 wrote:

Cheers

Any particular city?

London please!

maybe it should be renamed LondonBikeRadar, that way everything should default to London, and you have to be specific if mentioning anywhere outside the M25.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    will3 wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    mrc1 wrote:
    will3 wrote:
    mrc1 wrote:

Cheers

Any particular city?

London please!

maybe it should be renamed LondonBikeRadar, that way everything should default to London, and you have to be specific if mentioning anywhere outside the M25.
    I worked somewhere like that but the city was Glasgow :(
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709

The start of a good idea, but to improve it we need to:

a) Redifine the boundary as the North/ South Circular Roads so as to cut out those oiks living in the suburbs

b) we need to ban anyone living outside this boundary as no civilised life is there :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • mrc1
    Clever Pun wrote:
    mrc1 wrote:
    will3 wrote:
    mrc1 wrote:

Cheers

Any particular city?

London please!

Yeah but sometimes you have to make it clearer for those simple folk from outside London..... :lol:

Cheers for the recommendations. My mate couldn't be bothered to get into the city so we are now meeting at Jack's on the Cut near waterloo (which has loads of outdoor room for your bike btw)

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    If you write the City with a capital "C" it's always the City of London which is it's own Borough just like the City of Westminster or Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea or whatever, so it's perfectly acceptable to talk about the City and assume everyone should know what you're talking about...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.