[OTish] pubs

dvdfoz
dvdfoz Posts: 62
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
the ish only because I was commuting home today and fancied a pint :roll:

on the way home this evening dropped into <london specific>The Mitre by Holborn</london specific><non london>a pub</lnon london> to see a sign saying "no bicycles under ANY circumstances"!

Has anyone ever encountered a pub where you could happily wheel you bike to the bar and get a pint?

I know a couple of bars ( sad local :wink:) where I might get away with it, but seriously a pub sign to deter the masses!
Dalston --> Canary Wharf, and all pubs inbetween

Comments

• _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    i'd arranged to meet a friend at a pub on Leman St last week and didn't have a lock with me. Asked the barmaid if I could bring the bike in and she said fine. Was a Monday night tho, which might've helped.

Can perfectly understand somewhere putting a sign out if they're completely sick of people asking to take bikes in.
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    The Priory in Lancaster, used to have a landlord who was into cycling. I distinctly recall him letting me bring my bike into the pub, while I sat at the bar watching Miguel Indurain in the Tour. Was a while ago, mind, as you can no doubt infer from the rider mentioned.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    To be fair the Mitre is one of the smallest pubs in existence :wink:
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    _Brun_ wrote:
    i'd arranged to meet a friend at a pub on Leman St last week and didn't have a lock with me. Asked the barmaid if I could bring the bike in and she said fine. Was a Monday night tho, which might've helped.

Can perfectly understand somewhere putting a sign out if they're completely sick of people asking to take bikes in.

Brown Bear? That's a very friendly place.

Round the corner from there in the Princess of Prussia a friend wasn't allowed to taking in his folded up bike.. I got him a bin bag and we got in fine, pis$ed the barman off somewhat
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    JonGinge wrote:
    To be fair the Mitre is one of the smallest pubs in existence :wink:

That and it's got one of the grumpiest landlords in existence too.
  • _Brun_
    Clever Pun wrote:
    _Brun_ wrote:

Round the corner from there in the Princess of Prussia a friend wasn't allowed to taking in his folded up bike.. I got him a bin bag and we got in fine, pis$ed the barman off somewhat
    Nah, I'd have remembered that name. It was opposite a strip club, if that helps.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    _Brun_ wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    _Brun_ wrote:

Nah, I'd have remembered that name. It was opposite a strip club, if that helps.

Whites was the strip bar?.. so people have told me so it'd have been the Zeppelin(trying hard to get customers) or the Dispencary(posh I doubt bikes allowed in there)

Or the strip bar was Club Ooops in which case it was the Swan.

My money is on the Zeppelin
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • ketsbaia
    _Brun_ wrote:
    Clever Pun wrote:
    _Brun_ wrote:

Given you'd probably have remembered if it had been the Dispensary, I'm guessing it must have been Mr Pickwicks?
  • _Brun_
    Dispensary, that's the bunny.
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    LMNH does beer i believe.
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • ketsbaia
    _Brun_ wrote:
    Dispensary, that's the bunny.

Good boozer, that. Nice to know they welcome bikes too.