Snowdon....

soul1
soul1 Posts: 14
edited May 2010 in Routes
Wondering if anyone out there has ridden Snowdon and has any suggestions regarding the best route (s) for ride-able up and technical down... ??

Thanks very much

Comments

• MountainPete
    MountainPete Posts: 418
    As far as I know, the Llanberis track is the only one that is really doable. You might make it on the Ranger's Path too, but the other ones are really steep and rocky, and mostly a hands and feet afair for the walkers.
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    Agree with Mountain Pete - did the Ranger path, but the bike needed carrying on roughly the last 3rd, still fun on the way down, again first 3rd of the decent not rideable. The others apart from Llanberis are non starters.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Remember there's a voluntary bike ban between the hours of 10am and 5pm (IIRC) in the spring and summer months.

Anwyay, if you are a really technical rider, then it may be possible to ride down the miner's path to the top of llanberis pass. No way in hell it's rideable uphill though.

As the others have said, Llanberis path is the most doable route - although the Rhyd Ddu path should make for a good ride too.
  • Splottboy
    Splottboy Posts: 3,695
    I'll look out for you with my binoculars!

Wear something bright...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I really, REALLY want to try riding down the PYG track. Might give it a go weekend after next.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i'm doing the llanberis path and then down the ranger path on june 11th if anyone's interested in joining us? going to leave the car park at about 5pm ish :D

let me know
  • soul1
    soul1 Posts: 14
    Nice one thanks guys... much appreciated..