Orange Custom Paints...

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited May 2010 in MTB general
which is the lairyest colour?

Comments

• *AL*
    *AL* Posts: 1,185
    I've seen a BMX frame somewhere on the net that was sprayed Ford Electric Orange (Focus ST Orange)

Looked awesome 8)

*EDIT*

Lick to said bike HERE
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    The neon orange, neon yellows and neon greens are really bright.
  • Koiler
    Koiler Posts: 513
    dynorod orange.

that makes me squint every time i see one of the vans
  • Schmako wrote:
    My orange Orange is pretty erm, orange.

is that the neon orange?

i yhink some people missed the point here :lol:

I mean the lariests custom colour that Orange Bikes offer!

Are the neons "glow in the dark"?
  • I ride a bit with a guy from the south of spain who rides with Steve from Orange. They all ride oranges down there! Anyway, he's got a screeming pink Alpine with white Talas's and a CC double barrel. It looks amazing!

I've got a photo of it somewhere but can't find it just now.

The other one that really stands out is the pro's ones which are polished. I asked if I could get one but they're not for punters like me! I could get one and polish it myself but I'd void the warranty!
  • Aye, the polished ones look great. I spoke to Orange about stripping mine and polishing it, they said they'd do it, but because it had already been painted, they advised that it would look cack.

I wouldn't mind stripping it, then giving it a brushed alloy finish.

Ben, the Neon Orange is very loud.
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    I have 2...a lairy and a not lairy

crush is grass green and is pretty lairy...
    222 is global racing colours so white with blue and green trim..not lairy at all.

but surely the maximum lairy Orange custom colour is the MTB Cut Lairy Pink that ben cathro and joe barnes rock.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • I like the look of Neon Green and Orange...

What colours would clash well then :twisted:

Neon green/orange with blue hope headset etc would look great I reckon...
  • Ben,

rewind a bit please fella?

Are you buying another bike...again? And aren't the only custom colour Oranges all FS?
  • erm.....dunno.

And you can get HT frames custom coloured :wink:
  • Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    There was a high-vis yellow 5 in the rental fleet at glentress last time i was up - looked the nuts 8)
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity
  • I like neon green.... wonder how many different coloured parts you can get these days..

hmmmm.
  • Go for it! Your next build - no two components the same colour....and then get a pair of cycling shorts to match! :lol:
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Koiler wrote:
    dynorod orange.

that makes me squint every time i see one of the vans

Dynorod vans are always faded when I see them, they must have cack paint!
  • BigStu2
    BigStu2 Posts: 794
    I couldn't say no to my Orange Orange :)

orangefive004a.jpg
    .........all
    ...at........work
    fun..................&
    ..no.............no
    .....is......play
  • Johnny Napalm
    Johnny Napalm Posts: 1,458
    New bike, Stu?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Marin
    SS Inbred
    Mongoose Teocali Super
  • white.akita
    white.akita Posts: 28
    100_0363.jpg
    orange is best !
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    if you get an orange, surely it should be the brightest orange colour or matt black (like the ones i had)
  • the_prophet
    the_prophet Posts: 426
    without meaning to sound rude, white akita, whats that???
  • white.akita
    haha, its a patriot i built from scratch for my commute to work. i realise its a downhill bike but orange say themselfs that the patriot can be used for any type of riding if set up so, so thats what i did because i love the bulky frame in bright orange.
    before someone says its too heavy you are wrong, my brother in law has just bought a new scott aspect 45 and a work mate has just bought a new specialized hardrock sport and my patriot is lighter than both of them.
    but it is a £1500 frame that is superlight and super strong !
    the only slight problem is the high bb but i have just moved the seat slightly higher.
    i love this bike and it looks stunning in the flesh.
  • white.akita
    if you get an orange, surely it should be the brightest orange colour or matt black (like the ones i had)
    mine is the brightest orange the powder coater could possibly order without being illuminous as he said the illuminous would fade very quick same as the dyno rod vans do. if it didnt fade i would of ordered it :D
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    The Neon Orange is brilliant, in every sense... If I'd been able to find the money for a new Five it'd have been that, no doubt at all. It's like it has inbuilt HDR lighting.
    but it is a £1500 frame that is superlight and super strong !

Those old Patriots weigh well over 8lbs :lol: Superlight my arse... If you've built it up with lighter parts it'll be lighter than cheap bikes with heavier parts but the frame's over twice the weight of a hardrock frame...
    Uncompromising extremist
  • white.akita
    when i stripped it to take it to be powder coated i couldnt beleive how light the whole frame was.
    i did try to put light parts on it whilst building it and im more than happy that now finished its lighter than the scott and specialized that ive mentioned which have great reviews.
    one thing for sure i wont be on bike forums complaining about a weak/snapped frame !
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    My mate has an 04 Patriot, me the 06. His weighs about twice as much as mines!
  • white.akita
    no doubt it would have been heavy if id of put downhill wheels on it, but the ritchey wheels i have are also very light, as a package its not heavy and as i said lighter than bikes that got rave reviews.
  • white.akita
    no doubt it would have been heavy if id of put downhill wheels on it, but the ritchey wheels i have are also very light, as a package its not heavy and as i said lighter than bikes that got rave reviews.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675

Because the parts are so much better. Doesn't make the frame light. If you'd put the same parts onto a Hardrock frame or similiar thebuild would be about 5lbs lighter.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    one thing for sure i wont be on bike forums complaining about a weak/snapped frame !

ahem...

I snapped an 03 Patriot :oops:
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.