Conquered the slopes

DomWint
DomWint Posts: 59
edited May 2010 in MTB beginners
Well happy. Went out for a ride at the weekend and not only did I go as far as I've ever gone (16 miles), but also managed to go down two bits of downhill where I got off and walked in the past. Felt about 13 years old again. Had a grin from ear to ear. :D

Almost stacked it when a sheep ran across the track and the back wheel came round to say hello to the front.

Ordered a new bike to celebrate (Giant Boulder on sale at Wiggle) to replace my hand-me-down Trek hybrid. Now having the usual doubts about whether I should have bought a different one. Think it'll do me for a while though.

Comments

• Great stuff, nothing quite like that feeling of pride when even a small thing to others is beaten.. i know how you feel. well done.
    Inside every old person their's a young person wondering what the fuck happened!.....
  • Oxygen Thief
    Oxygen Thief Posts: 649
    Brillaint stuff. It's all about the grin!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Don't worry about the bike, it's all about the fun.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • chappers666
    chappers666 Posts: 30
    I went out to the Peak District last week - first time out on a "proper" ride for many many years.

After having to walk the bike up one road (I'm unfit but it was very steep) for about a mile I got the track at the top and the route down the other side (Shatton Moor/Brough Lane if anyone is familiar) - the buzz I got coming down there was just fantastic. I did manage to get the brake rotors to go the nice burnt colour afterwards :oops:

I then went and did a trip around the road & track at Lady Bower - and found out the hard way that a bike (even a FS) won't go through a stream as well as my Land Rover does! Still, at least I only has soaking wet feet for 5 miles!

It is great to be getting back into biking again, just need to shed a few pounds (stones)...
    GT I-Drive 5 XCR '09
    Trek 6500 '01
  • DomWint
    DomWint Posts: 59
    I'm better at uphill. There's less chance of falling off. :D

Just stick it in the lowest gear and hum a song to yourself.

I never thought, after I came off my bike as a kid and removed half my face, that I would ever enjoy riding again.