Was it raining this evening?

Kieran_Burns
Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
Nope.

The pitter patter of falling rain was in fact the mahoosive amount of greenfly!!

Dear God in Heaven I was GREEN when I got home. I swear if the little sods had co-ordinated their flight I would've taken off.

That was utterly, utterly minging. :? I ate several of them before I kept my head down and turned myself into the Incredible Hulk's fatter elder brother.

I guess the countryside cycling does have some disadvantages... :wink:
Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
2011 Trek Madone 4.5
2012 Felt F65X
Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter

Comments

• davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    That happened down South too. Covered in bugs by the time I got home. Not sure I need dinner now...
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    PITA on the bike today, some hit the glasses but one or two sat behind the glasses between eye and lens :x Don't think I ate any though.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788

Finally!!! :lol: Protein intake for the week completed then? :wink:
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    I ate loads today, and had to give glasses good clean from splatted ones.

not a good day to try out my new WHITE top as it has specks of green on now

edit: did ride for four hours through the lanes for around 3 of them though
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    On my 3.5mile commute i got about 4 catterpillars as well as millions of the things, Especially one half mile bit, when you could barely see ahead a few metres
    :shock: but with eyes closed and head down :lol:
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • Aguila
    Aguila Posts: 622
    Nope.

The pitter patter of falling rain was in fact the mahoosive amount of greenfly!!

Dear God in Heaven I was GREEN when I got home. I swear if the little sods had co-ordinated their flight I would've taken off.

That was utterly, utterly minging. :? I ate several of them before I kept my head down and turned myself into the Incredible Hulk's fatter elder brother.

This may in part be a Nottingham phenomenon. I was absolutely caked in the little sods on arrival home tonight. Lets hope the ladybirds get busy tomorrow.
  • fossyant
    fossyant Posts: 2,549
    Don't bring them home - they'll have a feast on your roses, tomatoes etc..... :shock:
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    I just got plain rain and no bugs....

Mind you, it snowed last week
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Butterflies sting - got one right between the eyes yesterday going down hill at about 30 - man did that smart :shock: