GT I-Drive 5

chappers666
chappers666 Posts: 30
edited May 2010 in Your mountain bikes
A very boring picture of my new bike - GT I-Drive 5. Not particularly special by the standards of many of the bikes that I have seen on here, but having only just started to get back into mountain biking again, I think it is great :D

It's still standard, but the Wellgo V8 pedals I ordered have just arrived, so that is upgrade number 1 sorted.

A trip to Derbyshire last week...managed to get the brakes nice and hot on the way down that track after this. At least they seem nicely bedded in now :wink:

DSCN0748.jpg

DSCN0749.jpg
GT I-Drive 5 XCR '09
Trek 6500 '01

Comments

• Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Shame you didnt look in the for sale section before you bought! :cry:

Great bike though, i love mine and it has never let me down. Very chuckable and agree that some decent flats will make a HUGE difference to your riding experience. Top bike at that price (or a huge bargain at what I was/am selling mine for)
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • legin
    legin Posts: 132
    i had one a few years ago and couldnt fault it i thought it was very under rated it was a good allrounder.
  • chappers666
    chappers666 Posts: 30
    It one that I've got on the C2W scheme - couldn't have afforded that much outlay in one go otherwise!

I've liked the I-Drive since GT introduced them 10 (?) years ago. Finally got it and I'm not dissapointed.
    GT I-Drive 5 XCR '09
    Trek 6500 '01
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    fair do's :lol:
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...