tubeless tyres

maxhoops
maxhoops Posts: 3
edited May 2010 in MTB general
hi guys
Just wondered if anyone has the answer????
just purchased a la pierre zesty 514 should be with me in the next few days but does anyone know if the tubeless tyres already have sealant in them or do i have to sort it myself???
not ran on tubeless before so any advice would be great.

ta

Comments

• RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    I was talking to a guy the other day who had a 514, and I think he said it didn't come with any sealant in the tyres. So you may have to get some.
  • dynastarg9
    dynastarg9 Posts: 103
    I've got a 514 myself. I had to put some sealant into the tyres after it arrived.
    I used the Stans sealant and their valves (as the ones on the wheels don't have a removable core). The mountain king on the front was easy to reseat and seal, but the race king on the back was a real bugger. If you're planning on reseating tyres with a hand pump, then make sure you've got a mate with a compressor as a fall back.
    Lapierre Zesty 514 - 2010
  • Mccraque
    Mccraque Posts: 819
    Tubeless is the way forward. I have a raceking on the back and MK on the front. Have had them on and off loads of times with no issues. You do need your track pump to seat them. A hand pump simply won't cut the mustard.

No sealant included, but takes 30 seconds to sort that. Pop a couple of inches off the rim, then pour in 60ml of sealant (no need for removable core valves) - I used Bonty Superjuice rather than stans, but that's preference), pop the tyre back on, spin the wheel and then pump like crazy.

Easy!
  • maxhoops
    maxhoops Posts: 3
    cheers guys
    thanks for the advice best nip out n get some sealer then