Boardman road team or comp

Louish81
Louish81 Posts: 3
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
Hello

After talking about cycling to work for quite a while, my company has pulled it's finger out and signed up to the C2W scheme.

I don't own any kit at the moment.

I'm now in a dilemma about whether to go for a £700 comp or a £850 team?
The commute is about 15 miles each way from west london to st pauls

I'm concerned that if i get the comp after a couple of months i will wish i had got the team.
However due to the way the scheme works, you only get to use you voucher once, so i need to buy the whole kit and caboodle, and its up the the value of £1000. Obviously i will need to get shoes and pedals with the team so that doesn't leave me a lot of money for anything else.

I cycled to work and back today as a trail on a MTB and went over a few of potholes, are these an issue for carbon forks any more than other types?

Apologies that this is a bit of a ramble, but i really need some expert advice as the lads in Halfords either don't serve you at all or make you feel like your doing something wrong by wanting to spend £1000 in their shop (although I appreciate this is probably wrong for anyone who knows anything about bikes, but it was works idea to use them!)

cheers

Louis

Comments

• lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    I'm pretty sure Condor also accept the Halfords vouchers...
  • Louish81
    Louish81 Posts: 3
    thanks, i'll give them a buzz and see what they say tomorrow.

what I've read about the Boardmans has all been very good, although i haven't read about anyothers, I'm assuming condors are on a par?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,187
    Boardmans are generally good bikes - I like mine. Can you afford to spend more than the £1k? If so, I'd get the best bike you can afford and you can always spend a bit on top of the voucher for kit.

Condor have a good rep on here but have not ridden one myself.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]