Time to give it up

suzyb
suzyb Posts: 3,449
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
And put the old BSO to rest. It's just too far gone for me to save without spending more money than it's worth on it.

So after getting paid for doing some work I'm was thinking on getting an mtb.

I was looking on ebay for a second hand bike but someone pointed me in the direction of rutland cycling who are selling an GT Avalanche 3 for £180. Now I just have to get over my loathed to spend money phase so I can buy it.

Comments

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,358
    Don't know what the girlie version is like but I loved my Specialized Hardrock before seling to make room for the roadie

God how I miss that bike

I would suggest 2nd hand on ebay and keep an open mind as to make and model
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    A good secondhand bike that has been properly looked after is better than a cheap new bike
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    I thought the GT's were good bikes (or is the 3 the cheap rubbish model) :/

Since some of the components of the bike (i.e. shfters and deraileurs) do still work and could do a hack so I was thinking of selling them (or trying to). But should I dismantle the bike or sell it as a whole even though the frame is dented and it and the wheels are very rusted.
  • deptfordmarmoset
    deptfordmarmoset Posts: 3,118
    A bike - any old bike - is sometimes very useful when friends come to visit. That outing for a bit of fresh air, or trip to the shops...or the pub. Just as a third possibility....