ADvantage, Ignitor and HighRoller

kernowaj
kernowaj Posts: 198
edited May 2010 in MTB general
I have a pair of both Advantages (folding) and Ignitor and a single wornish HighRoller in a 2.1. I also have my favoured full susser and my second bike a HT. What would people do for setting up both bikes. At the moment I have an Adv front and High Roll rear on the HT and Adv front and Ignitor rear on the fullsusser. Going to Afan next weekend with the Stumpy and also doing SDW in a oner on it so what do people think?

Comments

• ads4
    ads4 Posts: 698
    2.35 Ignitor front, 2.1 Highroller rear, works very well for me :)
    Adam.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Current ride - Yeti ASR 5a X0
  • Just put some ignitors on my p7... Am off for a ride today so I'll let you know how I get. On later!!!
  • Airienteer
    Airienteer Posts: 695
    I'd go the other way round to Ads4 and put an Ignitor on the rear and a High Roller on the front. I find you want the grippier tyre on the front and the more XC orientated faster rolling tyre on the back.
  • matt748
    matt748 Posts: 194
    Just gone 2.3 Highroller front, 2.1 Ignitor rear after advice on here. 1st ride yesterday, very pleased. £42 for the pair.

Trek Fuel EX8 '09
    My Pics
  • Airienteer
    Airienteer Posts: 695
    matt748 wrote:
    Just gone 2.3 Highroller front, 2.1 Ignitor rear after advice on here. 1st ride yesterday, very pleased. £42 for the pair.

That's what I run, great combo.
  • Well.. The ignitors roll faster, climb better and are lighter than the minions I had on before.

Come up a bit small so it took a bit of getting used to that, but overall they were great! Very impressed!
  • podgeorge
    podgeorge Posts: 188
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    Well.. The ignitors roll faster, climb better and are lighter than the minions I had on before.

Come up a bit small so it took a bit of getting used to that, but overall they were great! Very impressed!

By any chance did you get those from On-One?? If so, are they OEM's or the real deal??
    Cheers!
  • benjidays
    benjidays Posts: 69
    most of the downhillers have a minion on the front and a high rolller on the rear,you want good grip for front
  • stevet1992
    stevet1992 Posts: 1,502
    High roller front, Conti Vertical rear for me here ... The vertical has practically the same tread as the ignitor but i find them to be less puncture prone, faster rolling and also cheaper :)
    On-One 456 Sainsburys Season

Calling All SouthEastern Riders
  • podgeorge wrote:
    bigbenj_08 wrote:
    Well.. The ignitors roll faster, climb better and are lighter than the minions I had on before.

By any chance did you get those from On-One?? If so, are they OEM's or the real deal??
    Cheers!

Nah... nextdaytyres.com

I got 62a front and back... think the ones at on one are 70a... but then you'd never know becasue they have feck all descriptions on the stuff they sell.
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    I think the ones at on one will be 62a since they are folding and 2.35 and I think they only come in 62a
  • starbuck310
    starbuck310 Posts: 18
    HR2.35 front2.1 Advantage rear

I like the HR on the front, those ridges really grip at the front. Cant see why you would need that type of grip on the rear.
  • richg1979
    richg1979 Posts: 1,087
    bigbenj_08 wrote:

i wouldnt loose any sleep over the extra 10g the minion has over the ignitor for the extra chuckability the minion has

dont get me wrong i like the ignitors but they dont dig in like a minion when it gets fast and loose i also found the minion to roll better than the ignitor. only used them on the front so cant comment on rear performance.