7. Modolo
    8. Kiriyenka
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,867
    Moomaloid wrote:
    Fantastic ride by Lloyd

really was a ride indeed

no rain despite the forecast
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Nice to see all the Lotto boys rushing in to congratulate Lloyd. Seems to be a really good spirit at that team :wink:
  • AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    Awful, awful camera work on Eurosport - cut away from the front of the peleton as the were lining up for the sprint, then cut back as Petacchi was crossing the line.

Great ride by Lloyd - Bertogliati just had a few too many pounds on him to drag up those hills...
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    iainf72 wrote:
    I hope someone comes along and makes a snide comments about Evans / BMC and Lotto.

I suppose I'm that someone?
    Well done to that other Aussie Lotto man. He's suffered some lousy luck in recent years, especially in big races. Lotto respect for him.
    Excellent climbing domi, getting a double reward, today.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    afx237vi wrote:
    Nice to see all the Lotto boys rushing in to congratulate Lloyd. Seems to be a really good spirit at that team :wink:

They'll probably be allowed to open the beer fridge later :wink:

Mrs Evans seemed to find Lloyd winning quite exciting.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

I suppose I'm that someone?
    Well done to that other Aussie Lotto man. He's suffered some lousy luck in recent years, especially in big races. Lotto respect for him.

I thought I'd beat you to it.

Yes, fine victory. Well deserved.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    I'll give Hondo the benefit of the doubt and assume that his celebrations were a joke.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    AidanR wrote:
    Awful, awful camera work on Eurosport - cut away from the front of the peloton as the were lining up for the sprint, then cut back as Petacchi was crossing the line.

Great ride by Lloyd - Bertogliati just had a few too many pounds on him to drag up those hills...

Blame RAI, not Eurosport.
  • AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    OK. RAI, you're a bunch of twonks.
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,231
    RichN95 wrote:
    This is so annoying. You won't believe me, but I had physical typed "Matt Llo" as my PTP pick before changing my mind.

I know the feeling - I was going to put him down too but then chickened out and thought it would all come back together :(
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Managed to get on Lloyd and Bertogliani at 12-1 each with about 75km to go. What a lovely stage :D