661 Evolution Helmet

ES01
ES01 Posts: 54
edited May 2010 in MTB general
Hi,

Anyone know if the liners can be changed on these for a different size? Is the shell the same between large and medium?

Thanks

Comments

• peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
  • ES01
    Cheers, How are people rating THE helmets, online reviews are looking pretty good...
  • ES01
    Turns out they can be changed, anyone know where replacements can be had or want to swap large for medium?

Cheers
  • peter413
    Where did you see they can be changed?

Apart from anything else, the shells are different sizes are they not (mine and my mates 661's are, mine is an evo)
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    pads can be changed as far as i know, and personally i regret buying my evo, doesnt fit that great, hence why it hasnt been worn for months, if you can afford the THE id get one of those, they fit much nicer imo
  • peter413
    Saying that lawman, do you mean the fabric liner or the polystryrene liner ES01?
  • mrfmilo
    mrfmilo Posts: 2,250
    If you have seen that it says 'removable liners/padding', that is just where you can remove two pads where your cheeks sit for washing. You cannot remove the whole padding and replace it.
  • Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    lawman wrote:
    they fit much nicer imo

[oldman] and this is very important, helmet fit is a very personal thing; everyone's head is a different shape, sizes change between companies, and size charts aren't really that helpful, get yourself down to a bike shop and try as many as you can - buy the one that fits the best; you only get one brain, protect it. [/oldman]
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    The liner on my medium evo does come out, but it is more for clesning than anything else, seeing as the shell has an M sticker on it and there not being much room for a smaller liner for more space I think they are size specific, email 661 if you want a definitiv answer,
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • ES01
    You can change the fabric liner including cheek pads. there's a popper each side just by where the chin straps come through and the rest of the liner pulls out from being tucked behind the polestyrene padding which is fixed to the helmet. Managed to get a medium sized liner FOC from 661 UK distributer which fits fine into the large helmet i bought on offer. Definately a better fit, pretty sure shell is same size, guess it'll probably be different somewhere between XS and XL but certainly seems fine swapping as I have.