Halfords C2W Voucher

Rykard
Rykard Posts: 582
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
Hi,
just found out that my company is only using halfords. Are they still able to source 'any' bike? Will other lbs take their vouchers? I am in Leicester if that helps with the lbs.
Cheers
Rich

A Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched with sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching.

Comments

• prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    They can get most but not all. Wiggle and I think planet-x won't deal wioth them any more. Might be worth having a chat with some local shops to see if they supply halfords my lbs does, I found this out later.

Also I'm fairly sure leisure lakes take the halfords vouchers not sure where the nearest one to you would be.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • SimonLyons
    SimonLyons Posts: 203
    A Boardman bike would be the obvious choice.
  • Rykard
    that's what I was thinking, but was wondering what other options there were. Was thinking Cyclocross..
    Cheers
    Rich

A Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched with sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching.
  • Sailorchick
    Sailorchick Posts: 202
    Ask you lbs if they will accept Halfords vouchers. I found a lbs that was happy to take the voucher which then opened up a whole new world of choice for me.
  • abbhelike
    abbhelike Posts: 2
    Leisure Lakes definitely take halfords vouchers. They have branches in Daventry and Nottingham which would be closest to you
  • Rykard
    I think I may be out and about at the weekend... 8)
    Cheers
    Rich

• holybinch
    holybinch Posts: 417
    In the same situation here.
    Called their C2W helpline to see if they'd do the Croix de Fer, they do.
    They also have the Kona Jake the Snake if you're interested :)
    FCN 4(?) (Commuter - Genesis Croix de Fer)
    FCN 3 (Roadie - Viner Perfecta)

-- Please sponsor me on my London to Paris ride --
    http://www.diabeteschallenge.org.uk/cha ... n_to_paris
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,636
    I got a Dolan Mythos from them, was spot on the £1000 limit for full carbon and ultegra back in Sep 08. I think the spec isn't quite as good now though.

But in answer to your question I called the C2W people with a list of bikes and they were able to source almost all of them through Halfords. Only Planet X and Wiggle were unavailable as has been mentioned.
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono
  • Rykard
    Cool that puts my mind at rest, gives me a whole new problem of what to get ... I sense a new thread coming on lol
    Cheers
    Rich

• holybinch
    holybinch Posts: 417
    Forgot to mention, Condor also take Halfords' vouchers.
    So to save you the thread:
    Condor Blivio
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Boardman CX
    Genesis Croix de Fer
    FCN 4(?) (Commuter - Genesis Croix de Fer)
    FCN 3 (Roadie - Viner Perfecta)

-- Please sponsor me on my London to Paris ride --
    http://www.diabeteschallenge.org.uk/cha ... n_to_paris
  • gllewellyn
    gllewellyn Posts: 113
    I was eyeing up the Boardman CX in my local Halfords a few weeks ok - very nice...

http://www.boardmanbikes.com/cx/CX_Pro.html

Just be prepared to take it to your LBS to get the double-tap shifters set-up properly as I had to on my Team Carbon!
  • Bassjunkieuk
    Bassjunkieuk Posts: 4,232
    I spotted the Team Carbon in the "flesh" for the first time a couple of weekends back and was very impressed - looks like a very nice bike for the price, so much so that I wouldn't be entirely un-happy if (and this is a big if!) it comes to a point that my employer offers the C2W scheme I wouldn't mind if I only had a choice of Halfords, with the exception possibly being the servicing!
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5