What's going on on at Borough High Street, LB end?

Cafewanda
Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
Was it a safety check day or hauling suspect cyclists off the road?

Almost got off the bus to investigate.

Took a day off the bike as was knackered and resting the legs for my half marathon on Sunday

Comments

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I tend to avoid that area as it's carnage

RLJ checks?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    It looked to me like a coffee & donut morning when I went past. Loads of coppers hanging around chatting.
  • kurako
    kurako Posts: 1,098
    I think a safety awareness thing. They were talking to a couple of cyclists and showing them round a big dumper truck. Why aren't you on your bike?
  • nyanza
    nyanza Posts: 68
    Possibly a safety thing aimed at cyclists due to the nearby Shard construction site. The other week it had 700 cement mixers arriving over a 36 hour period.
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    No-one there at 7:30.

Road is falling to bits.
    exercise.png
  • Cafewanda
    Kurako wrote:
    I think a safety awareness thing. They were talking to a couple of cyclists and showing them round a big dumper truck. Why aren't you on your bike?

Sorry sir. I took 24 hours off, but I'll be back on her tonight for the homeward journey, honest :oops:

Dr Bike sessions have started up in Lambeth so I attended one on Tuesday at Clapham Common, Cedars Road end. Could have done with some tea and cakes there as it was a little nippy that evening :)
  • Cafewanda
    nyanza wrote:
    Possibly a safety thing aimed at cyclists due to the nearby Shard construction site. The other week it had 700 cement mixers arriving over a 36 hour period.

Maybe they should have collared a few of the peds who cross Borough High Street/St Thomas St when the BHS lights (right turn) are on green and who look you in the face whilst stepping into the road :x