Intro

Betto
Betto Posts: 23
edited May 2010 in MTB beginners
Hey guys just thought I would introduce myself a little, seeing as I have been doing a few posts just recently.

Have been a long time (about a year) reader of these forums now, and have found them to be most helpful.

At the grand age of 30 I decided to get into mountain biking and bought myself a Felt Compulsion 2 08 SE, which I love to bits. Haven't really ridden a bike since I turned 17 and got my car licence though lol so do find it a struggle to keep up (up hill and down) with my mate who never really stopped riding. But am having a great time trying. Mainly ride in the Peak District as that's where I live, have done a few trail centre to, also did the CRC marathon in Bluith Wells this year which was fun.

Anyways I feel like am starting to waffle a little now so will sign off now.

Keep up the good work.

Comments

• Hitby
    Hitby Posts: 218
    Hi mate,
    How did you find the marathon - how long did it take?

I'm riding the Grassington one this year and I haven't done one before.

Cheers

Dan
  • Betto
    It wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be, yea there was climbs that I couldn't do and had to get off and push but overall it wasn't as tough as I expected. I did the 50km one and it took me 5hrs 15mins, wish I hadn't spent as long chatting to people or as much time at the feed station now as I think I could of done it under 5hrs, ah well lol

Were thinking of doing the Grassington one as well, what distance you thinking of doing?
  • Hitby
    Hitby Posts: 218
    I've signed up for the 50k one - I've ridden the distance before but not including even half the expected 4500ft of climbing hence the worry! Still, looking forward to it though!
  • Betto
    Yea mate the climbing is the hellish part will all be worth it for the down hill bits though :D