OT Any regular posters realised yet that our new PM

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 19,358
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
.....is younger than they are?

David Cameron born 9th October 1966

Anyone?
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• Me - but he's looks solder than me.
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    He's not younger than me by a long way.. oldie. :p
  • Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    Only a matter of 7 weeks younger :)
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    He's a few decades older than me :D
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    The past three have been younger than me :oops:

But then again I'm not a regular poster...... la la la :wink:
    The older I get the faster I was
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Anyone realised that Nick Clegg is David Cameron in a wig ?
  • SmellTheGlove
    SmellTheGlove Posts: 697
    ...how many miles will he be putting on SC Stats now? No more of the Cameron on bike, shoes in the Jag routine I reckon.
    "Consider the grebe..."
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    ...how many miles will he be putting on SC Stats now? No more of the Cameron on bike, shoes in the Jag routine I reckon.

New minileague? "Is the Prime Minister"?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,187
    He's about 8 months younger than me. I am now officially an old f@rt.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    I refuse to participate in this nonsense. :oops:

On a semi-related note, I regard horoscopes with the usual contempt reserved for tea leaf reading, runes and water divining. However, almost everyone I know born in the first fortnight of October, in any year, has dominant and forceful personality.

Weird sh!t, dudes.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • tailwindhome
    Greg66 wrote:

hehe

on the bright side you won't be as old as the next PM
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Has the new PM learnt how to lock a bike up yet?
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172

Yeah - you've got to love these common men of the people. Labour must have a factory turning them out by the dozen. He'll be like a male Princess Diana. The People's PM.

Oh, isn't Oxford and MIT where you go after having done an HND? I never knew... :mrgreen:

[OK: a prediction. Ed M will stand as well. Not to win, but to split the Balls support (this is called the Crossbar Manouevre in political circles. True story), clearing the path for his brother. Dave M's problem will be the unions. They tolerated Blair because he remade Labour into a political force. But they never did more than tolerate him. Brown fell between two stools, neither pleasing the Blairites nor the Unions, and never carving a broad enough support base in between in the process. The Unions will see Dave M as Blair II, and will be suspicious of him. Balls they will see as absolutely everthing they want. Whilst I can see Ed M splitting the support of the PLP, I think he'll have a harder job undermining Balls' support (techincally, a truss) from the Unions.

Dave M's biggest problem seems to be his propensity for sticking his foot in his mouth from time to time.

Interesting times ahead. Not least because Lab seems determined (so far) to avoid indulging in a divisive leadership contest. Which is a shame. Everyone seems to be in danger of getting hurt in the stampede to get out of the way of the DM v Balls show. ]
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • lost_in_thought
    lost_in_thought Posts: 10,563
    Greg66 wrote:

hehe

Nah, he won't win, not beating DC/NC anyway. Not pretty enough.
  • Stevo_666
    Let's not forget Balls was privately educated as well, he just tries harder to hide it as that does not normally go down too well with knuckle dragging trade unionists. In the meantime another 'salt of the earth' type Ms Harman is now in charge of the party...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    He's 16 years older than me. 8)
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Has anyone else noticed that Cameron is actually C3PO covered in Tesco Value ham? :?
  • Fireblade96
    Fireblade96 Posts: 1,123
    Has anyone else noticed that Cameron is actually C3PO covered in Tesco Value ham? :?
    :lol::lol::lol:

Fortunately work have just sent me a "workstation cleaning kit" which I shall now be using to get the coffee off the screen !
    Misguided Idealist
  • tailwindhome
    Greg66 wrote:
    [OK: a prediction. Ed M will stand as well. Not to win, but to split the Balls support (this is called the Crossbar Manouevre in political circles. True story), clearing the path for his brother. Dave M's problem will be the unions. They tolerated Blair because he remade Labour into a political force. But they never did more than tolerate him. Brown fell between two stools, neither pleasing the Blairites nor the Unions, and never carving a broad enough support base in between in the process. The Unions will see Dave M as Blair II, and will be suspicious of him. Balls they will see as absolutely everthing they want. Whilst I can see Ed M splitting the support of the PLP, I think he'll have a harder job undermining Balls' support (techincally, a truss) from the Unions.

I fear there are more to come from this genre

ETA It seems to be a fertile area
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Personally I'd love for Ed Balls to win as I think he'll make Labour almost as unelectable as Micheal Foot....

DC is just 10 weeks younger than me, making Kieron 3 weeks younger than me darn it!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Stevo_666
    Personally I'd love for Ed Balls to win as I think he'll make Labour almost as unelectable as Micheal Foot....
    I can see the headlines now: "Balls Up" :)
  • dresbo
    dresbo Posts: 129
    Greg66 wrote:

On a semi-related note, I regard horoscopes with the usual contempt reserved for tea leaf reading, runes and water divining. However, almost everyone I know born in the first fortnight of October, in any year, has dominant and forceful personality.

Weird sh!t, dudes.

That's me (well the Birthday not the dominant and forceful nature), but then you don't know me - and better not try because that would break the rule.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    give it 10 years and stuff like this will worry me
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14