Night riding VS day(?) riding

RealMan
RealMan Posts: 2,166
edited May 2010 in MTB general
Do you prefer one to the other? I love both, but generally prefer riding during the day, for the obvious reasons, views, temperature, visibility, etc. etc.

Although very nice in the summer when you can ride at night in short sleeves and shorts and still be warm enough, but not get stupidly hot.

Was just thinking about this cause I rode Saturday and was struggling to remember the last time before that that I rode during the day. It felt a bit weird not having lights on my helmet and bike. And wearing sunglasses.

Anderton-Moab.jpg

4025439123_d8aae64cf6.jpg

If I had to give up one or the other it would involve some thinking though.

Comments

• biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    both enjoyable and have their merits , but if it was just one or the other ....
    day riding as you get to see everything , where as nite you see next to sweet F.A.
  • x-isle
    x-isle Posts: 794
    I like this time of year as you start getting longer and longer nights and soon it'll be no lights needed, but then I like it when the clocks go back as I like the night ride.

If I could only have one, I would have the daylight, but I would miss the night rides.
    Craig Rogers
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I don't think I prefer either. But I love winter afternoon rides, set off on a crisp clear afternoon, ride through the sunset, keep going til you can barely see before putting the lights on... Perfect.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • biff55
    Northwind wrote:
    I don't think I prefer either. But I love winter afternoon rides, set off on a crisp clear afternoon, ride through the sunset, keep going til you can barely see before putting the lights on... Perfect.

its a good job you like winter rides living in scotland , i dont see tropical weather passing through any time this decade :D
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    It's pretty nice this evening. Was snowing earlier!
    Uncompromising extremist
  • biff55
    Northwind wrote:
    It's pretty nice this evening. Was snowing earlier!

holy sh*t ! , snow in may ? is edinburgh actually on planet earth ? :wink:
  • I like both. Probably go for night riding just because I ride with a bunch of guys every thursday night all year round. Day riding is great but its generaly solo riding in the daytime

£1.25 for sign up http://www.quidco.com/user/491172/42301

Cashback on wiggle,CRC,evans follow the link
    http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/MTBkarl
  • Riding in the sunshine everytime. Warm, relaxed...

Night riding has its merits. I love the vibe of passing street lights on country lanes, or the eeriness of forests under torch light, but if I had to ride one thing for the rest of my life, I know what it'd be.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    A few years ago I would've said daytime but now I am a creature of the night.

Other people go slower at night which makes me look faster :)