Carbon 456

Duffer
Duffer Posts: 379
edited June 2010 in MTB general
So who will be the first to post pictures up of their shiny new carbon 456? I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of them!

Anyone got one on order?

Comments

• Me, me, me!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Put them in the Your Rides section, not here.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I demand someone in the Edinburgh area buys one in medium and builds it with 150mm Revelations so I can have a go and decide if I want it :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • mozzy10
    mozzy10 Posts: 179
    i have one ordered. It's 18 inch so should be in the first batch at the end of May. I am very excited.
    It\'s not your aptitude but your attitude that determins your altitude
  • Duffer
    [dream] I think i'll have mine with some Fox Vanillas and all the Blue hope kit i can find... Oh, and some blue brake lines... [/dream]
  • Cferg
    Cferg Posts: 347
    Duffer wrote:
    [dream] I think i'll have mine with some Fox Vanillas and all the Blue hope kit i can find... Oh, and some blue brake lines... [/dream]

Blue rims and brake levers, some black V12's maybe, defo Hope QR's front and rear, hubs and seatclamp... All that on the black frame with the white On One part. You've got class mate, I've been dreaming about the same thing 8) :lol:

Dream over, it ain't gonna happen anytime soon !
  • RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    Those tyres are disgusting. Apart from that it looks alright.
  • Tolk
    Tolk Posts: 775
    RealMan wrote:

I like 'em. Reminds me of my old Wildgrippers i had on my Nzyme ltd back in the day!
  • Cferg
    RealMan wrote:

Agreed, lacking some blue Hope components aswell !
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    I saw one of the carbon 456's at Glentress on Saturday and it was sooooo nice.

I kinda wish I had save up that extra 200 quid now and got that and not the ordinary one :(
  • Cferg
    peter413 wrote:

I kinda wish I had save up that extra 200 quid now and got that and not the ordinary one :(

Shouldve asked for a wee spin :lol:

Wish I'd come through to see it, would have had I known.
  • peter413
    Cferg wrote:
    peter413 wrote:

Shouldve asked for a wee spin :lol:

Wish I'd come through to see it, would have had I known.

Would've but he was to busy hitting the jumps and I was to busy talking :lol:
  • Cferg
    A cheeky little clothesline manoeuvre would have been sufficient to "gently" take him off the bike? Oh, and make a quick getaway :D:lol:
  • Northwind
    I'd really like a go on one of those myself, could be a real winner. Can't really afford to fit one out just now though so I'd probably better not.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • peter413
    Northwind wrote:
    I'd really like a go on one of those myself, could be a real winner. Can't really afford to fit one out just now though so I'd probably better not.

Just don't get that new car for a bit :wink:

Goooooo ooooooooon, you know you want to. You could give me the Soul frame for "safe" keeping :twisted:
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Going against the grain here, but that looks fucking ugly to me.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Duffer
    ilovedirt wrote:
    Going against the grain here, but that looks ******* ugly to me.

I diasgree. I think the tires look daft, but i think the frame looks great. I especially like the way it's bereft of stupid stickers and decals. I don't suppose they'll release one with no stickers on it though.
  • well it is lucky those tyres get a slagging :-) they are Conti Limited tyres they only make them for bike shows... I do not think the guys were worried about the colour when they were blasting the trails... The Carbo456 is indeed getting closer... Stay tuned on OO site. Headsets for tapered and 11/8" steerers are on the way too. and the CNC swapouts are getting machined in Sheffield
  • mozzy10
    mozzy10 Posts: 179
    Do you have an idea of how much the headsets will cost? I know the headtube is tapererd and can take tapered steerers, but if I'm running a uniform 1'1/8 steerer what type of headset will I need.

cheers
    It\'s not your aptitude but your attitude that determins your altitude
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    mozzy10 wrote:
    Do you have an idea of how much the headsets will cost? I know the headtube is tapererd and can take tapered steerers, but if I'm running a uniform 1'1/8 steerer what type of headset will I need.

cheers

Just buy a tapered headset, plenty of them about these days. Anything from about £20+ depending (as always) on the quality you want.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Duffer wrote:
    ilovedirt wrote:
    Going against the grain here, but that looks ******* ugly to me.

I diasgree. I think the tires look daft, but i think the frame looks great. I especially like the way it's bereft of stupid stickers and decals. I don't suppose they'll release one with no stickers on it though.
    Sorry but I find the frame really ugly as well, but thats just me.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Northwind
    I like its functionality, too many carbon frames look like the designer really wanted big metal tubes. It's not pretty IMO but it's purposeful.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    I think it's lovely... *drool* It will be nice to see the final production version.

Seriously considering flogging my Mount Vision frame to fund one of these.. who needs all that rear suspension anyway!!

Once I see the final design, I'll decide :)
  • ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    Just ordered one.... :D cant wait!! but i have to... :twisted:
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Front end looks ugly I think.
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    don't know what it is about that design in that release pic but it just screams kill joy to me. look forward to reviews and wait to be proved wrong, like