Raleigh Airlite 100.... (Some advice please)

hoochylala
hoochylala Posts: 987
edited May 2010 in Commuting chat
I am looking at starting to commute to work, well drive part way then commute the rest in on bike, in a effort to increase my fitness and overall wellbeing! :)

Im currently looking for a cheap road hack to get me going. I have seen one of the above, Raleigh Airlite 100, advertised in 2007 guise local to me. I was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on how much they reckon one should pay for such a bike? (Im unsure as to original price due to its age) Or whether I should just stay clear all together? Its in good overall condition for what its worth.

Any advice will be grealty apprechiated :)

Comments

• hoochylala
    No one :(

Anyway, I think I have found a original price for a 2006-2007 model;

http://www.thebikelist.co.uk/raleigh/airlite-100-2006

Was hoping someone would of replied this morning, as I am hoping to view the bike this evening. As always, any help gratefully received. Fingers crossed the early crowd will be able to help.

Cheers :)
  • essex-commuter
    essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
    Easy Tiger, asking a question at gone 10pm at night and expecting an answer by 7am is going some.

I know nothing about the Airlite but...If the price you have found is the correct model, I would say £100 to £150. This of course depends on condition, it may look in good condition but could quite easily need a complete drivetrain replacing which could cost £100+ depending on how much needs doing.

Does it fit you, that's a more important question?
  • hoochylala
    essex-commuter

Thanks for the advice, that gives me a good starting point on price. I drivetrain etc.. looks all fine on the photos I have seen, but I suppose I won't really know until I view the bike. With regards to sizing, on paper all looks fine, but of course I will confirm this when I view the bike.

Thanks again.