Douglas Macmillan 50 mile 16/5/10

cotti
cotti Posts: 96
Hey all Id really like to do this run on Sunday as my first sportive but the start/registration times are confusing so does anyone know what time the ride starts and any other usefull info?
http://www.dmhospice.org.uk/pages/event-bikeride.htm
I looked at the route on a mapping program and that says 45 miles...

Comments

• potters1863
    potters1863 Posts: 111
    The distance is approx.

Start time for the 50 mile ride is 07.00 to 10.00

I am doing the 50 mile ride, it is the chance to enjoy a ride out on a sunday morning and at the same time raise funds for a very good cause. :D
  • cotti
    cotti Posts: 96
    I know it says registration is from 7:00 till 10:00 but it doesnt mention anywhere what time the majority will be leaving?
  • I am doing the 50 mile ride on Sunday.

Im gonna be leaving at 7 I think as Im guessing more people will be leaving at that time so there will be plenty of chances to find a group that is riding at my pace. Plus I figured if I leve the earliest possible and cant keep up with the group I start with, I know there are gonna be some other groups behind
  • potters1863
    potters1863 Posts: 111
    I take it you can start at anytime between 7 and 10 ?

With registrations to be done, I doubt anyone will actually be leaving at 7.

I will try to start about 8ish, 7 sounds a bit early to me, should be good, hope the weather is a bit better by sunday.
  • Yeah its staggered starts between 7 and 10.

I also hope the weather is better as its gonna be a long 50 miles if its pouring down