Training in the New Forest

scottyman
scottyman Posts: 10
edited August 2010 in XC and Enduro
HI
I am planing on doing some xc / enduro events this year and would like some training partners to help get fit. I normaly do evening rides around the NewForest but can reach nearby countys at weekends. most evening rides i do are 20-30miles and weekends are 30-50.

Comments

• gezzza
    gezzza Posts: 324
    Im in southampton

Have you found anything good in the forest???

Gary
  • ben110
    ben110 Posts: 54
    hello isle of wight hear, im looking to ride in new forest in the next mouth or so? are there actally any good trails? as is pretty flat? 30 - 50 miles? sounds like your already pretty fit!! maby just push a harder gear to get fitter?
  • scottyman
    scottyman Posts: 10
    HI
    There are some great trails in the forest but it dose take alot of exploring around to find them. once you know where they are you can link them together using the gravel roads. try the small tracks made by the horses. The best areas are around the A 31 and along the western edge. these are the hilliest bits.Beware of the sand though choose the wrong trail and its like a beach.
  • 4ndyW
    4ndyW Posts: 68
    Hiya, i'm in Ringwood so could not get much closer to Forest. Not been riding that much though (just getting back to it the last month or so). Riding to work which is 40m round trip, but feeling it a bit ! lol

Give me a bit of time and i would be interested in meeting a up if you are?
  • wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    I'm typically out in the NF every other weekend trying to get fit, normally a 30 mller, but willing to push out to 40/50.

Live in Portsmouth, so unfort trying to do during the week in the NF ain't possible...
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • ben110
    ben110 Posts: 54
    edited January 2018
    if any of you would like to ride hear on the island, id be happy to take you around :wink:
  • chojin
    chojin Posts: 67
    Hey guys, I'm fairly new to all this mtb malarky but looking for places to ride- so if anyone wants to organise a ride out id be more than happy to come along and put my bike to the test :)
    2010 Cube AMS Pro 125 RX
    2010 On One 456ss, RS Reba, SLX, Juicy 3s
    2008 Giant XTC 3.5 (Sold)

2010 Cube Attention (RIP, stolen in September)